Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thursday Boot Company - Full Review

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Just got these boots. They are awesome! The overall quality of construction, and the quality of the leather, is 1st Class! Best pair of boots I have ever had.

They do require serious attention to break in. You need thick socks, and limit your wearing time until the leather softens a bit. The size runs true. I'm a 10D, and ordered their size 10. Near perfection in the fit.

I have worn these the last two days, for short periods of time/walking.

The leather aroma makes me think I'm in a saddle shop in Cowtown (Fort Worth). The fragrance from these puts my leather jackets to shame!

If you are looking for a great pair of very versatile boots, look no further than Thursday Boot Co.
P1020644.jpg

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
These boots are so versatile, you could wear them hiking, at the office, or at your local pub.
P1020645.jpg

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Very nice. They rmeind me of some of the William Lennon boots. Any details?

Yes...size 10. Cost $199. Free shipping. Very thick American leather, but hand crafted in small batches by Mexican Artisans.
These will be my flight boots. But they are so nice, I may wear them with regular blue jeans. They have a leather aroma that makes you think you died and went to leather Heaven!

www.thursdayboots.com

BobJ

Practically Family
Thank you for your enthusiastic review. I've been toying with the idea of getting a pair of their 'Scout' boots in brown suede, and you may have just tipped the scales!

41M3XnwWf1L._SU500_.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just got my second pair, navy suede Presidents, about two weeks ago and find myself wearing both pairs four out of five days of the week. Thinking about the Scouts. One feature I noticed right away is the smooth leather lining that lets your feet slide in very nicely.

Edward

Bartender
Yes...size 10. Cost $199. Free shipping. Very thick American leather, but hand crafted in small batches by Mexican Artisans.
These will be my flight boots. But they are so nice, I may wear them with regular blue jeans. They have a leather aroma that makes you think you died and went to leather Heaven!

www.thursdayboots.com

Thanks, those look well worth bearing in mind, especially when the pound recovers. Much as I love my Redwings, there do seem to be a range of other options out there at much keener prices nowadays.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
You leather nerds will like this. Thursday sources it's leather from Horween. The boots are hand crafted in Leon, Mexico, the cowboy boot capital of the world.
Very comfortable, from day one. And these boots are half the price of what you would expect to pay for this quality.

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
I just got my second pair, navy suede Presidents, about two weeks ago and find myself wearing both pairs four out of five days of the week. Thinking about the Scouts. One feature I noticed right away is the smooth leather lining that lets your feet slide in very nicely.
Got pics of you wearing these?

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
The best thing about these Thursday boots is how they take a shine. The gloss is much deeper now than when they came out of the box. It's easy...first apply a light coat of polish, and buff to a shine. Then apply another light coat, spray a bit of water on the boot, and buff to a high gloss with a soft rag (old T-Shirt). Then repeat this several times. Soon you will have a classic military spit shine on your Thursdays.
While these boots are at home in the cockpit of my Mustang, they are equally at home at St. Bartholomew's Cathedral during Sunday mass.

Killick

One of the Regulars
I also have a pair. Mine are not shiny which is why I bought them. I've worn them with a suit to a wedding or with blue jeans. They look good with either and anything in between. Mine wear not all that bad to break in not diff at all.
Anyway very nice footwear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff