Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
AeroFontanaRacerfront_zps196eac10.jpg

Is it just me, perspective, or are those pockets wonky?
Not a fan of the blue though, the A-1 looked a lot darker.

Wouldn't be the first time ;-)But, I'd be a little careful positioning the jacket more carefully on the mannequin for publicity shots as the slant accentuates the strange perspective.
I think the blue would age well. But indeed, it's close to being too blue for me. That's why I want outside shots. Or, we just get some grease and make it look darker :)

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I'm with you Butte but this is an extreme example of how certain (not all) leather jackets can look actively hideous through the very quality of their newness. It's just too much. Too much structure still in the stiff leather. Too blue. Too shiny. Too pristine.

Ride to and from work every day for a year and that will all right itself though. Once that thing has some proper scuffs on it it'll look fantastic. Out of interest would the blue color go all the way through?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This is definitely going to be an Aero jacket that a buyer will have to wear "hard" to bring out its true beauty! Below is a 1950s Bates (same color!) which has aged to perfection... Even our Sky Blue, which is a great greenish blue, will look best once it has "matured" a little bit!

Our leather, as was the majority of 1950s/1960s racing leathers, is drum dyed...

BatesBlue_zps6a925dd2.jpg

BTW--The Bates above is for sale--$1099.99 USD

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
First photos of the Aero Fontana Racer in blue full grain cowhide! Brass Talon and Conmar hardware. Blue/Tan A-1 photos coming in the next couple of days!

AeroFontanaRacerfront_zps196eac10.jpg

As a pattern I like it much more than the other Aero cafe racers. Three questions: How thick is the cowhide? Will it come in brown? Will the back length in a long 44 be around 27 inches?

Last edited:
This is definitely going to be an Aero jacket that a buyer will have to wear "hard" to bring out its true beauty! Below is a 1950s Bates (same color!) which has aged to perfection... Even our Sky Blue, which is a great greenish blue, will look best once it has "matured" a little bit!Our leather, as was the majority of 1950s/1960s racing leathers, is drum dyed...
Sorry to say - I won't be around long enough to get that look lol
That blue may pass for "PRU Blue". WWII stuff...

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
As a pattern I like it much more than the other Aero cafe racers. Three questions: How thick is the cowhide? Will it come in brown? Will the back length in a long 44 be around 27 inches?

This cowhide is 3.0-3.5 oz leather. However, the jacket is available in all of Aero's regular leathers, including brown front quarter horsehide. The jacket shown is a 42L, with a back length of 27 inches and a sleeve length of 26.75 inches. Of course, you can specify a 44 at whatever body and sleeve length will work best for you!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hey Carrie,
Any update on the May production jackets?

We spoke with Denny, Aero's production manager, this morning and he assured us that all May production jackets would be shipped out by the end of next week. We apologize for the delay, but, due to the quantity of new designs ordered through us, everything was delayed a few weeks. We hope to be back on track for June production orders!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner