Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Looking forward to that. What size is it going to be???

We usually get our jacket samples from Aero in size 42, but we're getting this Aero Blue/Tan A-1 sample in size 40. We wanted to size down due to the 3.0 oz. cowhide so that "blousing" would be avoided and the jacket would be neat and trim! For people who have contacted us about this style with the 3.0 oz. cowhide, we're definitely asking that they size down for the same reason...

wdw

One Too Many
Carrie, it's clear that you guys prefer the neater fitting look, so when you say you size down, do you mean only the chest and shoulder widths? I get the impression that your Aero body lengths and arms are longer than the standard chest sizes you offer.

In simple terms, are your Aeros tighter in the chest and shoulders than the standard patterns, and maybe even a bit longer in the body and/or sleeves? With your preference for downsizing, what we're luckily not seeing is a load of US guys with short sleeves, hence me thinking your standard patterns are slightly different to Aero's rest of the world ones.

I hope that makes sense :)

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you. Is it going to be a wide cut or trim?
I'm hoping the latter :)

Trim fitting! ;)

Here are the colors of blue that we're offering for the Aero Blue/Tan A-1...

Scottblue_zpsc4d6ebe9.jpg

Blueocean_zpsf320b54b.jpg

BlueUltra_zpsfb063f25.jpg

BlueSky_zpsf46d9d27.jpg

Carrie, it's clear that you guys prefer the neater fitting look, so when you say you size down, do you mean only the chest and shoulder widths? I get the impression that your Aero body lengths and arms are longer than the standard chest sizes you offer.

In simple terms, are your Aeros tighter in the chest and shoulders than the standard patterns, and maybe even a bit longer in the body and/or sleeves? With your preference for downsizing, what we're luckily not seeing is a load of US guys with short sleeves, hence me thinking your standard patterns are slightly different to Aero's rest of the world ones.

I hope that makes sense :)

We size down and adjust the lengths for our taller American customers...

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's the new Aero Blue/Tan A-1! Denny has done an excellent job of modeling the jacket and Rachel took some great photos! Yesterday, we sent out leather samples to those of you who asked for them. We feel that the blue shown, which is the Ocean Blue, is the most widely appealing; however, our Ultra Blue and Sky Blue (this is very close to the greenish-blue leather that Mushmans used) will be excellent options as well!

AeroA-1bluefront_zps8e55f01c.jpg

AeroA-1blueside_zps1dbb08d9.jpg

AeroA-1blueback2_zps18e1c4a2.jpg

AeroA-1pocketdetail2_zpsfc9446d5.jpg

AeroA-1pocketdetail3_zpsb1bd95c6.jpg

AeroA-1bluepocketdetail_zpsbb64fbdc.jpg

AeroA-1bluecollar2_zps471e03ee.jpg

AeroA-1bluecollar_zpsb9e01619.jpg

AeroA-1bluetag_zpsd06ba56d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members