Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

majormajor

One Too Many
Here it is--

BlueSky_zpsf46d9d27.jpg

The acid test with this kind of stuff is what it will look like after the newness has been knocked off of it.

Any chance of kicking the sample around (a bit of HWT, and rubbing it with screwed up newspaper partially does the trick), just so we can see what it is gonna be like after a few months hard wear?;)

nabottle

A-List Customer
I recently received my Dustbowl - Size 42. It's Brown FQHH with a MacKenzie Weathered Tartan Liner. I added a chest zip pocket and had the sleeves shortened a bit. Nothing too extreme, by any means. I would recommend Insurrection for the whole buying experience and Wade and Carrie are exceptional. Now we'll see how long this sucker lasts. By the way, it was very difficult for me to get an accurate photo of the depth of the leather. The first photo is the closest to the real appearance.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That is an exceptionally sharp looking jacket and fit. One can readily see the pattern illustrating the shorter back & longer front with the Dustbowl. I would love to see another picture with your DB zipped. Based on my Teamster, I can vouch that no picture does justice to the beautiful appearance and feel of the brown FQHH. Congratulations! :thumb:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks: The overall fit, including drape, body length, and sleeves appears optimal. You did well with this jacket.

I think that came out great. I don't know how long it's "supposed" to be, so from here I'd say it's a winner. That'll take some good times to break in. But you got a nice flair with jeans and boots so go out and show it off. Well, until it's too hot out. Congrats.

wdw

One Too Many
I like the idea of being able to add the chest pocket. That way you can secure a card holder sized wallet without any possibility of an inner imprint coming through.

I'm also coming around to liking the dropped front more now as well, so that opens up more possibilities for me.

nabottle

A-List Customer
I think that came out great. I don't know how long it's "supposed" to be, so from here I'd say it's a winner. That'll take some good times to break in. But you got a nice flair with jeans and boots so go out and show it off. Well, until it's too hot out. Congrats.
Thanks a lot, Butte. Unfortunately, it's way too hot already her in Central Florida. Damn It!!!

Got some blue samples today - thanks Carrie. Have to sleep on this I must say. Just got home so I'll take 'em outside too. I can see these making either a great jacket or an homage to 80's Eddie Murphy. For a sport bike jacket, no problem. For a more serious model, I just don't know yet. Beautiful hides though.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie was kind enough to send me some samples of the blue we're all obsessing about. I'm lookin' at em right now. Trust me, the pics make everything look brighter! "Ocean Blue" is dark enough and dull enough to be fine right out of the box. If you're curious ask for samples, look at em, touch em, feel them... then run em by the boss of the house, it'll be fine!

Worf

Got some blue samples today - thanks Carrie. Have to sleep on this I must say. Just got home so I'll take 'em outside too. I can see these making either a great jacket or an homage to 80's Eddie Murphy. For a sport bike jacket, no problem. For a more serious model, I just don't know yet. Beautiful hides though.

Worf / Butte,

As you now know, the Ocean Blue is quite dark, much darker than the Sky Blue. However, once you construct a jacket out of one of these blue hides, it looks a lot lighter, especially when paired with light contrast stitching and knits. The photos below of the Aero Blue/Tan A-1 on Denny Calder are closely representative of what the Ocean Blue looks like once the jacket is constructed.

While Wade liked the lighter knits, Ken Calder thought darker brown contrast stitching and knits would be very appealing and serve to mute the blue in translation. Certainly, the Sky Blue is going to be a bolder choice for the jacket...

AeroA-1blueside_zps1dbb08d9.jpg

AeroA-1blueback2_zps18e1c4a2.jpg

Sir Jacket

Practically Family

Butte, go for the A1 in the greeny-blue with the tawny knits. Then we can decide whether we want to buy one.

SJ

Butte, go for the A1 in the greeny-blue with the tawny knits. Then we can decide whether we want to buy one.SJ
My son loves it. But said even he couldn't wear it as it would require a very hip and modern style to carry it off. Skinny jeans, etc. I have to think it over a bit. If I was 30 I'd go for it, but methinks I'm a tad long in the tooth for blue.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
My son loves it. But said even he couldn't wear it as it would require a very hip and modern style to carry it off. Skinny jeans, etc. I have to think it over a bit. If I was 30 I'd go for it, but methinks I'm a tad long in the tooth for blue.

Scott, without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm, I agree - assuming my monitor isn't ultra bright, that shade of blue is a 'mutton dressed as lamb' indicator and in a solid colour it has '80s written all over it (Miami Vice palette). The darker green/blue is less of a shock, but is going to work best on those rake-like BR models.

Scott, without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm, I agree - assuming my monitor isn't ultra bright, that shade of blue is a 'mutton dressed as lamb' indicator and in a solid colour it has '80s written all over it (Miami Vice palette). The darker green/blue is less of a shock, but is going to work best on those rake-like BR models.
I'm watching MotoGP now. Lots of blue leathers. All on bikers :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters