Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

I'm trying to digest this. I've seen some great blue moto jackets over the years - but most has lots of wear and looked great. They all started new, but I have to wonder how much wear this would get in my closet - even the trimmed down closet. I'd like to see hide #4 and the knits a darker tan - almost brown, but still in that tan family.
The jacket looks great (would prefer all-buttons) and I'll have to see how this plays out. Thanks Carrie for posting up the pics.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Yes, the colour of the knits feels too muted for my taste.

Here's the Mushmans model again: http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=59456330

Carrie, will an Aero/Insurrection model closely resemble it?

SJ

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I prefer the Cafe Racer posted earlier in the blue, although I'm not a huge fan of the Military jackets so what do I know....

Do Aero still offer the pre distressing option? That would probably be the only way I would go for it.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Mushmans is using a sky blue with darker knits. We have this option available and feel it will look very nice as well! If individuals are interested, it's probably best to contact us to request hide samples to see the blue leathers yourself. As many have stated, blue is a tough color to photograph...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm wondering about the colour balance on the Mushmans - the knits seem to be more a russet tan in some pics than the main one, and the hide a bit brighter. I hope to drop by Aero in a week or so, I'll try to see the A-1 in the flesh, get a sense of how vivid it is.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Mushmans is using a sky blue with darker knits. We have this option available and feel it will look very nice as well! If individuals are interested, it's probably best to contact us to request hide samples to see the blue leathers yourself. As many have stated, blue is a tough color to photograph...

Carrie, you may have said this somewhere but which of the four blues you posted is the sky blue? Thanks, SJ

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
To me the difference between the Aero and the offering from Mushmans, is that the buttons and the knits are the same color on the Mushmans model. I think that makes the jacket more appealing.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, you may have said this somewhere but which of the four blues you posted is the sky blue? Thanks, SJ

Here it is--

BlueSky_zpsf46d9d27.jpg

To me the difference between the Aero and the offering from Mushmans, is that the buttons and the knits are the same color on the Mushmans model. I think that makes the jacket more appealing.

Matching the knits to the buttons isn't a problem...

Our allotment of custom Aero July production slots is filling up quickly; however, we still have 12 slots available!

nabottle

A-List Customer
Just a note: I received my Aero Dustbowl today. It fits perfectly and looks amazing! Plus, the smell is unbelievably great. It's my first Aero and probably won't be my last. Thanks to Wade and Carrie. You guys are great!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Carrie was kind enough to send me some samples of the blue we're all obsessing about. I'm lookin' at em right now. Trust me, the pics make everything look brighter! "Ocean Blue" is dark enough and dull enough to be fine right out of the box. If you're curious ask for samples, look at em, touch em, feel them... then run em by the boss of the house, it'll be fine!

Worf

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Carrie, a little off topic here. I think you used to sell Vanson CHP jackets...I have an option on a near new on EBay, is it a size up or size down model? I'm a 48 in Schott 141. The CHP is a size 48The measurements on the Vanson site seem ok, but I got stitched on a dominator last year that was skin tight after thinking I had the measurements done properly? I know it's not from you guys, but from your experience with CHP Vanson, was hoping you might know a thing or two? Cheers anyway.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, a little off topic here. I think you used to sell Vanson CHP jackets...I have an option on a near new on EBay, is it a size up or size down model? I'm a 48 in Schott 141. The CHP is a size 48The measurements on the Vanson site seem ok, but I got stitched on a dominator last year that was skin tight after thinking I had the measurements done properly? I know it's not from you guys, but from your experience with CHP Vanson, was hoping you might know a thing or two? Cheers anyway.

We still sell Vanson CHP jackets and a 48 is quite large...

The Aero Fontana Racer and Blue/Tna A-1 in Ocean Blue arrived at the shop yesterday and they look stunning; the contrast stitching really makes the jackets!

AeroFontanaRacerinsidepocket_zpsa587d696.jpg

AeroA-1blueside_zps1dbb08d9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner