Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If you're swithering, I'd just stick with matching. You can always have OD on your next one, I certainly intend to go for it with cordovan for next one.

I love contrasting thread.
As to the lining, honestly, it's not going to matter much. Leather jackets in and of themselves are not "warm". It's what you wear under them really.
The one thing that makes a difference in the cold is a fleece collar (G-1, add-on, etc).
Get the tartan you like. The weight won't affect it much. But if you want to wear it in cold, have room to layer.
Good luck. Exciting time!

reeks1

One of the Regulars
They're both great, I don't think you'd be disappointed either way. If only all difficult choices were such fun!

I waffled back to matching stitch. Contrast for #2. Another member said something very wise. And to paraphrase: "a leather jacket makes enough of a statement on its own. Keep it low-key" Thanks, guy who said that(John, I believe). Sage advice, methinks.
ScrawlySteve is going to want to fight me now.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
I waffled back to matching stitch. Contrast for #2. Another member said something very wise. And to paraphrase: "a leather jacket makes enough of a statement on its own. Keep it low-key" Thanks, guy who said that(John, I believe). Sage advice, methinks.
ScrawlySteve is going to want to fight me now.

No way man....I've seen The Sopranos.....

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Aero Highwayman is an incredibly versatile and good looking jacket!

AeroHighwaymanFrontFinal2_zps8745013a.jpg

AeroHighwaymanFrontFinal1_zps4b852d39.jpg

AeroHighwaymanTag1_zpsfea4aed3.jpg

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I'm a fan of the Highwayman as well, especially in brown fqhh....but take a look at the above pictures, it looks like wade gained about 25lbs wearing this, i'm sure its not his ideal size, but this is a great example of the inherent boxy-ness of the design

53Effie

A-List Customer
I am very fond of the Highwayman too. I was just sure when I got mine for Christmas in 2009 that I would never need another leather jacket. Boy, was that ever a misconception on my part. The Highwayman just fueled the fire. As HD has mentioned though it's the one I often grab when I'm heading out of the house. It has molded and shaped to me and it just feels good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24