Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

reeks1

One of the Regulars
4-6 weeks??? If only. If you lived literally round the corner from Chateau Aero it would be 4-6 months. Good luck anyway. I'm sure you'll love it.
According to Thurston Bros., I'm in for December production with delivery in late December, early Jan. I'm guessing they have a deal with Aero based upon the number of jacket orders they take, the fact that they are the only North American sales point for the brand, etc. They get some kind of preference, it would appear.

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Happy Thanksgiving to each and every Fedora Lounge Member!

We'll be delivering this beautiful Highwayman with Nickel Hardware, Eccles Check Tweed Liner, and OD Green Contrast Stitching to one of our customers tomorrow! Absolutely stunning!!!

Highwayman1_zpse1f27576.jpg

Highwayman3_zpscbe36a42.jpg

Highwayman2_zps15e03d6c.jpg

Last edited:

andy b.

One of the Regulars
i wanna know who that hot redhead is...talk about drooling

I know this thread is about jackets and not models, but I have been thinking the exact same thing since that photo was posted.

And as for the jackets, every time Carrie posts more photos I have to visit their website. She'll be getting an order from me, sooner than later, for sure.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Nice, nice jacket.

Thanks reeks1! Our customer was very happy with his new jacket!

We just replaced the main image of the Aero Sunburst on our website...here's the new main image with the accompanying back and tag photos...

AeroSunburstFinal_zps96d7886b.jpg

AeroSunburstBackBrown_zpsdf7bb192.jpg

AeroSunburstTagBrown_zpseaf09a02.jpg

***We still have two slots left for custom December Aero Production, so if you call and order today, you'll have your new, custom Aero by late December / early January!!!

Nikinsky

New in Town
Hi Ben,

For this chest size, you'd be an XL in the Vanson Chopper. The XL Chopper is very close in size to a 48 Vanson CHP. We have one XL Chopper left in stock, and it has a red quilted liner!

Good morning Carrie and all FL people
I’m sorry for bothering you for an advice by intruding in this thread, but many FL users told me that you are an undisputed expert in Aero Jackets sizing issues.
I’m writing from Italy and I'm a newbie at FL (so sorry for my English)
I’d like to buy a Café Racer in FQHH and I’m very hesitant if I’m a 36 or a 38 size, so I ask you for support.

These are my specs:
Height: between 5’ 10” and 5’ 11” (cm 179)
Weight: around 145 lbs (kg 65-66)
Chest (relaxed): 36” (90 cm)
Chest (expanded): 37.5” (95 cm)
Stomach: around 33”
Waist: around 32”
Sleeve length (shoulder seam to wrist): about 24.5”- 25” (about cm 62-63)
Shoulder to shoulder: 18,5” – 19” (cm 47-48)
My question is: am I closer to size 36 or 38 for an Aero Café Racer ? I fear that 36 could be too tight and 38 too large, so I'm blocked in my decision.
I'm 48 year old but as you can read I'm very skinny and with a "flat" chest (while shoulder are average).
Thanks for any comment and advice.
Nicolas

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Good morning Carrie and all FL people
I’m sorry for bothering you for an advice by intruding in this thread, but many FL users told me that you are an undisputed expert in Aero Jackets sizing issues.
I’m writing from Italy and I'm a newbie at FL (so sorry for my English)
I’d like to buy a Café Racer in FQHH and I’m very hesitant if I’m a 36 or a 38 size, so I ask you for support.

These are my specs:
Height: between 5’ 10” and 5’ 11” (cm 179)
Weight: around 145 lbs (kg 65-66)
Chest (relaxed): 36” (90 cm)
Chest (expanded): 37.5” (95 cm)
Stomach: around 33”
Waist: around 32”
Sleeve length (shoulder seam to wrist): about 24.5”- 25” (about cm 62-63)
Shoulder to shoulder: 18,5” – 19” (cm 47-48)
My question is: am I closer to size 36 or 38 for an Aero Café Racer ? I fear that 36 could be too tight and 38 too large, so I'm blocked in my decision.
I'm 48 year old but as you can read I'm very skinny and with a "flat" chest (while shoulder are average).
Thanks for any comment and advice.
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Because you're Aero's customer, it's very important that you go with their sizing advice. However, I did see your sizing question on another thread and I would have sized you in a 36 Cafe' Racer, just like Aero did... I hope that this helps!

Nikinsky

New in Town
Hi Nicolas,

Because you're Aero's customer, it's very important that you go with their sizing advice. However, I did see your sizing question on another thread and I would have sized you in a 36 Cafe' Racer, just like Aero did... I hope that this helps!

Dear Carrie,
your kind and quick feedback is very appreciated, I'm sad to live so far from Seattle so I can't visit your beautiful shop.

Last edited:

mattp

One of the Regulars
Hi Carrie,
Could you please tell me the sleeve and back length of the Vanson Chopper, and if one can be had with longer sleeves if necessary (similar to a PLU-3)? Also, is the fit tighter than a PLU-3? I've got a PLU-3 size 44 that is a little big, and an Aero CR in 42 that is perfect (has 28" sleeves, 20" between shoulder seams), would I go for a L in the Chopper?
Many thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

reeks1

One of the Regulars
can someone post the link to the "hot water collar-shaping" instructions?

Just thinking ahead to when my jacket arrives. Plus, I'm bored and would like to read up on this. :)

Thanks and have a great Sunday!!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie,
Could you please tell me the sleeve and back length of the Vanson Chopper, and if one can be had with longer sleeves if necessary (similar to a PLU-3)? Also, is the fit tighter than a PLU-3? I've got a PLU-3 size 44 that is a little big, and an Aero CR in 42 that is perfect (has 28" sleeves, 20" between shoulder seams), would I go for a L in the Chopper?
Many thanks,
Matt

The Medium Vanson Chopper is going to be the right size for you...it's about the same size as a 42 Comet PLU-3. I'll post up the measurements of the Medium later when I get to the shop and can measure it out....

If you do need longer sleeves than what is stock, we can custom order the jacket for you and get it quite quickly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana