Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

ChubbMuff

New in Town
Hi Carrie,

What is the back length on the Vanson Model B (44)? It looks a little longer than the Aeros. Do Vanson do a mid weight brown? It is a superb looking jacket.

Cheers!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie,

What is the back length on the Vanson Model B (44)? It looks a little longer than the Aeros. Do Vanson do a mid weight brown? It is a superb looking jacket.

Cheers!

Hi ChubbMuff,

The Vanson Model B in size 44 has a back length of 25.75 inches and our Vanson Custom Model B in size 44 has a back length of 26.75 inches. For customs 5'11" or taller, the latter tends to be the better fit... Hope this helps!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Vanson do a mid weight - 2.5 oz leather which is by far easier to wear and much better if you're not a bike rider. They call it Firenze leather. But Insurrection don't stock it.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Another great lookin' Aero 1930s Half Belt!

Kevin_zps6b558dbf.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Carrie, an insanely huge thank you for your generous, generous help today. Next jacket is an Awromarine in that incredible blue steer hide from Cali :)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Which Blue Bret???
Any Badalassi samples yet, Carrie?
I too am anxiously waiting for these new Aeromarine shots.

I didn't see an Aeromarine, but she had this insanely cool blue A1, with khaki knits and thread. Man, it was badass- probably the coolest jacket I've ever seen. But the hide that most blew me away though was a lighter shaded blue she had on a cafe racer. The grain was almost like goatskin. And it featured all brass NOS zippers (Conmar and Talon) with contrasting khaki tape. "Wholly sh*t" is all I could muster. I'm tellin ya

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I got a quick chance to snap a few photos of this Two-Tone Aeromarine before our customer picked it up...

AeroTwo-ToneAeromarineTag_zpsf936e61e.jpg

Two-ToneAeromarine_zps7f7ff7e1.jpg

Aeromarine11_zps3a59d14b.jpg

The fit on the Aeromarine is nice and neat, and customers should size it pretty much like an Aero 1930s Half Belt or A-1!

AeroAeromarineSlimfitFront7_zps43b6c31f.jpg

Aeromarineback_zps153aa5ca.jpg

Aeromarinetag11_zps8d6140b0.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Love that two-tone - very nicely balanced. What sort of lining does it have?

It's Aero's light tan cotton drill, which is VERY nice!

damn, but that two-tone aeromarine is gorgeous!!!!!

and in addition to sloan's question re: the lining, add another ... what are the hides?

This jacket was in Aero's Mid-Weight (Jerky) Russet and Black Horsehide...a customer could also do the jacket in Aero's Mid-Weight Russet and Seal Horsehide and it would also look spectacular!

Some of our customers are ordering this jacket with Aero's regular A-1 pockets, which should look very nice as well!

Last edited:

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hi Carrie,

I'm an old member on here recently back after a long medical leave of absence and was happy to learn about your company and how you're a sponsor on here now. I also enjoyed visiting your company websites.

I'm curious to know if you offer a particular service... customizing a horsehide jacket like Aero for example in such a way that the horsehide leather is either full turquoise or 2 tone turquoise and black? You're welcome to check out my recent post on here that talks about the heart awareness work that I do, but basically the turquoise color is a symbol of my heart awareness based on the actual color symbolism behind turquoise's main color components... blue and green (together they symbolize "open communication of the heart") and I've been unable to find a horsehide jacket that is turquoise in color for men, hence why I'm reaching out to you now.

Thanks,
Navin

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie,

I'm an old member on here recently back after a long medical leave of absence and was happy to learn about your company and how you're a sponsor on here now. I also enjoyed visiting your company websites.

I'm curious to know if you offer a particular service... customizing a horsehide jacket like Aero for example in such a way that the horsehide leather is either full turquoise or 2 tone turquoise and black? You're welcome to check out my recent post on here that talks about the heart awareness work that I do, but basically the turquoise color is a symbol of my heart awareness based on the actual color symbolism behind turquoise's main color components... blue and green (together they symbolize "open communication of the heart") and I've been unable to find a horsehide jacket that is turquoise in color for men, hence why I'm reaching out to you now.

Thanks,
Navin

Hi Navin,

We do have access to turquoise cowhide, but not horsehide. It's a vintage-looking turquoise, like on the old Score jackets. Our colors are full grain leather and look great! Give us a call at (206) 550-3545 and we'll get you started. We really like the colors and we're doing some great jackets with them! Currently, we're awaiting a Waxy Blue (Navy Blue) Aero Fontana racer that the owner of StyleForum.net ordered...it should be awesome!

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hi Navin,

We do have access to turquoise cowhide, but not horsehide. It's a vintage-looking turquoise, like on the old Score jackets. Our colors are full grain leather and look great! Give us a call at (206) 550-3545 and we'll get you started. We really like the colors and we're doing some great jackets with them! Currently, we're awaiting a Waxy Blue (Navy Blue) Aero Fontana racer that the owner of StyleForum.net ordered...it should be awesome!

Hey Carrie!

So nice to finally meet you! I'll definitely give you a call soon and would love to get a sample of the turquoise cowhide you offer so I can see if the color meets my requirements (as you know there are many different shades of turquoise). I've been talking to a leather company in Montana about possibly sourcing me some turquoise horsehide... if I'm able to obtain this, is it possible for me to send this hide to you to have your company make me a jacket? How much hide would you need approximately (I'm an Aero jacket size 46 and would send you a non-leather jacket that I'd want "cloned" but in turquoise horsehide leather, or possibly the turquoise cowhide leather if that color works out better for me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails