Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This Aero Sonoma Racer has a new owner!

SteveWellmanAero1copy_zpscc92fb8a.jpg

garzo

One of the Regulars
We consistently get questions from customers about the color and richness of Horween's C/X Brown Leathers. As many of you know, it can be very tough to capture the color of brown that Aero offers with a camera... However, here are a few outdoor shots that do a good job of showing the beauty of Horween's C/X Tanning! These photos were taken behind our shop here in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle, WA.

AeroCafeRacerBrownSonomaFront_zps18c9125e.jpg

AeroSonomaCafeRacerBrowmBack_zps954278e8.jpg

AeroSonomaBrownTag_zpsa07084a2.jpg

Awesome jacket and I think the Insurrection-Aero partnership is turning out some great stuff. I notice, though, that most of Insurrection's Aero jackets come with a leather zip pull rather than the traditional ball-and-chain or Talon diamond-chain pull. Does this reflect a more American preference for leather pulls and a general dislike Stateside for ball-and-chain pulls? I've heard some American friends deride ball-and-chain pulls on breast pockets. Just wondering. I like the ball-and-chain pulls personally. The leather strips will eventually fall apart with age while I've never had a problem with the ball and chain.

reeks1

One of the Regulars
I'm from the US and ordered my jacket with ball and chains throughout. I think they're great looking and will be more durable than leather pulls and the diamond pulls. The chains on the diamond pulls seem delicate to me.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Awesome jacket and I think the Insurrection-Aero partnership is turning out some great stuff. I notice, though, that most of Insurrection's Aero jackets come with a leather zip pull rather than the traditional ball-and-chain or Talon diamond-chain pull. Does this reflect a more American preference for leather pulls and a general dislike Stateside for ball-and-chain pulls? I've heard some American friends deride ball-and-chain pulls on breast pockets. Just wondering. I like the ball-and-chain pulls personally. The leather strips will eventually fall apart with age while I've never had a problem with the ball and chain.

I'm from the US and ordered my jacket with ball and chains throughout. I think they're great looking and will be more durable than leather pulls and the diamond pulls. The chains on the diamond pulls seem delicate to me.

We've found that a lot of our customers do prefer the leather pulls on Aero's Cafe' Racers. The leather pulls are quite strong (probably as strong as metal toggle pulls) and offer a good look for those that like the look!

Aero's 1920s/1930s button-up designs have been popular this year in both the mid-weight and C/X leathers. Be sure to check out these Aero designs on our webpages!

AeroSlimfitStuartFront_zps0ced2799.jpg

AeroSlimfitStuartProfile_zpse5371d06.jpg

AeroStuarttagdetail_zpse213d233.jpg

AeroAeromarineSlimfitfront3_zps5ae01722.jpg

AeroAeromarineSlimfitFront5_zps94b04ff0.jpg

Aeromarinetag11_zps253e60ad.jpg

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Christmas came early for me: the Half Belt has arrived!

Ok, so it arrived on Friday.

First off, this thing is just amazingly beautiful. The brown FQHH is just ridiculous. Never seen leather like this before. Fantastic.

To me, the fit is perfect. It feels snug, but not too much so. Sleeve length is a bit long now, but I know it will crease up. I'll let you guys weigh in here.

So, a picture is worth....

NO idea where the "can stand up on its own" thing came from. My jacket in extra heavy FQHH is pretty supple already. As in, it's comfortable NOW. I had to jury-rig it to stand up for this pic. :)

My mods:

I thought the buckle sleeve was a no-brainer. Added an element of retro, plus it matches up with the side buckles. Details, details.

Again, a nice detail that will hopefully prolong the longevity of the liner. Whatever, I just think it's a nice bespoke feature.

Another no-brainer. That exterior chest pocket looks great, but is basically worthless for storage. Gun pocket was a must-have.

Weathered Grant lightweight lining. The red and green pop nicely against the dark brown, imho. Plain brass hardware, ball-and-chain pulls. Main zipper is a Talon.

Ok, so the fit:

I have a feeling that some may say the sleeves are too short, but I like them where they are now and if they go a bit shorter, that's fine too. I hate when my jacket sleeves overtake my hands anyway.

The collar is pretty supple as well, so I'm just going to work it a bit with my hands. No HWT here, methinks.

The back:

I can't recall if I was zipped or un for this shot. Either way, my camera battery died so no more for today. :)
Went with a single-point yoke.

A bit of "bubble-back", but what can I do about it?

Thoughts?

Many, many thanks to Carrie and Wade for their patience throughout the process and everyone on this site who answered questions, responded to PM's, etc. Looking forward to continued participation and dialogue.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana