Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Hello Carrie,
I've seen the new Aero page and it appears that the sizing have change ? On some models, you advice to size down or on the former Aero page, it was true to size. (i choose the Sunburst for example). Could you tell us please ?
Cheers,F68

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello Carrie,
I've seen the new Aero page and it appears that the sizing have change ? On some models, you advice to size down or on the former Aero page, it was true to size. (i choose the Sunburst for example). Could you tell us please ?
Cheers,F68

Some customers wear the Aero Sunburst true to their suit size. However, most customers size down one size. For example, if a customer usually wears a 44 suit, they will most likely purchase a size 42 Sunburst. I hope that this helps!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie,

Does the Vanson PLU3 come with longer arms as well or just added length? thanks.

Hi Chi-Town Co,

The Vanson Comet PLU-3 doesn't have length added to the arms, but our Vanson Model B Deluxes and Model BH Deluxes have 1" extra added to the sleeve length! I've attached photos below...

VansonCustomModelB_zps7b39c678.jpg

VansonCustomBHFront_zpsaa8b758a.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
Those bastards over at Insurrection! I just succumbed to all this high-pressure advertising they do, and ordered a Vanson Model B House Deluxe. :D

When I was growing up, all the cool "older guys," guys in their 20's, had Vanson jackets featuring the logo. We impoverished teens never could swing it, so I guess I'm reliving my youth, sort of. Should be here in about a week.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I believe Mark Twain is the one who said that childhood is that brief period of life that one spends the rest of one's life trying to outgrow! I wonder if MT ever lusted after a Vanson while growing up? :D

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Those bastards over at Insurrection! I just succumbed to all this high-pressure advertising they do, and ordered a Vanson Model B House Deluxe. :D

When I was growing up, all the cool "older guys," guys in their 20's, had Vanson jackets featuring the logo. We impoverished teens never could swing it, so I guess I'm reliving my youth, sort of. Should be here in about a week.

You're going to love it! The Vanson BH Deluxe is very, very nice!!!

I just wanted to put the links up to our new Aero Civilian and Military Catalog Pages one more time. Please remember that we carry every style of Aero and every North American customer who needs an Aero fit jacket will be provided with one so that we can get that perfect Aero fit!

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!aero-catalog/c1rp5

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!aero-military-catalog/c19co

AeroDustbowltagshot_zpscac37ace.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Remember, riding season is just around the corner, so gear up with your Aero and Vanson riding jackets! Alpinestars Bionic Pro Undershirts are available for armoring these jackets!

Aero J106

AeroJ106FinalFront12_zpse26958ed.jpg

Vanson Comet PLU-3

VansonPLU-3Front11_zpsc106e24c.jpg

Aero Sonoma Cafe' Racer

AeroCafeRacerFront_zpsaca93288.jpg

Vanson Chopper

VansonChopperFront_zps04065f51.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
Just received my Vanson Model B House Deluxe. I'm not sure I'm man enough to break this thing in! It appears to be capable of stopping a bullet, and will stand up by itself. The size 40 is a good fit for me: no pictures, as I'm bashful......
The 1.00" extra in the sleeves seems a bit long upon first glance but will be just right as the leather starts to crease, and the additional 1.00' in length comes down a bit below my belt, so it's a good thing the jacket has double zipper pulls. Otherwise, during the break-in period, the collar would get shoved up into my windpipe, depending on which bike I'm riding. Also, the lining is definitely not a lightweight material: it should wear very well. And lastly, the inside breast pocket is so deep that no wallet will ever be in danger of exiting on it's own.
My wife is going to like me in this jacket so much that she won't even scream when the bill comes in!!!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We're beginning to take our orders for March Production at the Aero factory in Scotland! Every North American customer who needs an Aero fit jacket will be provided with one...this is how we get such good fits!

Order soon and have your new, custom Aero by late March / early April!

Aero Stockman

AeroStockmanFront_zps2b2ad970.jpg

HDRnR

A-List Customer
Is that cordovan ?

We're beginning to take our orders for March Production at the Aero factory in Scotland! Every North American customer who needs an Aero fit jacket will be provided with one...this is how we get such good fits!

Order soon and have your new, custom Aero by late March / early April!

Aero Stockman

AeroStockmanFront_zps2b2ad970.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner