Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just shipped this gorgeous custom Aero Maxwell off to its new home in Minnesota! Heavy Black CXL FQHH with a lightweight wool lining...an excellent way to get ready for fall weather! When you want to start your custom Aero order, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and leather samples--

Aero Maxwell Black CXL FQHH ZTV front.jpg

Aero Maxwell Black CXL FQHH ZTV Minto Check Tweed lining.jpg
Aero Maxwell Black CXL FQHH ZTV back.jpg
Aero Maxwell Black CXL FQHH ZTV tag.jpg
Aero Maxwell Black CXL FQHH ZTV chest pocket.jpg
Aero Maxwell Black CXL FQHH ZTV button cuff.jpg
Aero Maxwell Black CXL FQHH ZTV name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Another Black CXL FQHH knockout! This custom Ridley is on the way to Eastern Washington, where the warm summer weather will help break in the CXL leather quickly :cool: If you are thinking about the fall and ready to start your custom jacket order, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com and we'll help you with our fit jacket process--

Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 front.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 red cotton drill lining.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 back.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 tag.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 handwarmer.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 name tag.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 shoulder gusset.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Black CXL FQHH KW2 kidney panel.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Kudos to Vanson for bringing this incredible design to life! Custom Model B America jacket with added stars and stripes on the sleeves and gorgeous flame art rising up from the bottom hem. Vanson is well known for their detailed and colorful race suit designs, but they can apply this skill to custom jackets as well!

Vanson Custom Model B America front.jpg
Vanson Custom Model B America red plaid lining.jpg
Vanson Custom Model B America back.jpg
Vanson Custom Model B America chest pocket.jpg
Vanson Custom Model B America sleeve end.jpg
Vanson Custom Model B America bottom hem.jpg
Vanson Custom Model B America sleeve stars.jpg
Vanson Custom Model B America lower back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We just received part 1 of our re-stock of Thedi Markos Zip-Ups in Cuoio Buffalo! Sizes Small through 2XL are available right now and we'll be listing jackets in the next few weeks. Sizes 3XL and 4XL will come through in the fall, so contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com if you would like to reserve your size!

Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 front.jpg

Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 tan cotton lining.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 back.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 chest pocket.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 button cuff.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 handwarmer.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 collar stitching.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 upper back.jpg
Thedi Markos Zip-Up Shawl Cuoio Buffalo L7 side cinch.jpg

BoDeen427

New in Town
Something new just landed at Aero! Chestnut Badalassi...a rich, dark brown with all the character and grain we love in this gorgeous leather. The photo shows a sample of the Chestnut on top of a Tobacco Badalassi Board Racer for comparison. Make sure to request a sample when we ship out your fit jacket!

[/URL]

View attachment 419945
Does this Badalassi leather come in different weights ?

BoDeen427

New in Town
The Aero Sheene is a popular off-the-rack style, but we also spec a lot of custom orders as well! If you are interested in getting fitted for a custom Sheene or any other Aero style, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com and we can get you started with our easy fit jacket process--

[/URL]

View attachment 421989 View attachment 421988

View attachment 421987 View attachment 421993 View attachment 421992 View attachment 421990 View attachment 421991 View attachment 421986 View attachment 421985 View attachment 421984
It's been awhile since I've looked at and researched many of these makers and jacket leathers, would this horsehide be considered a medium weight and are they available in different weights?
Thank you

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
It's been awhile since I've looked at and researched many of these makers and jacket leathers, would this horsehide be considered a medium weight and are they available in different weights?
Thank you
The Chromexcel (CXL) horsehide is a heavyweight! The Vicenza (Italian) horsehide is a medium weight. However, the weights/thicknesses can vary a bit since the hides aren't corrected for thickness. We also have a variety of steerhide/cowhide leathers that broaden the range of thickness and colors in our leather catalog!

BoDeen427

New in Town
The Badalassi Cowhide is all the same weight, though it can vary a little too! It's between the Vicenza and the CXL.
Thanks again!
That helps me quite a bit. I've had the question about what a lot of these jacket makers were using like say back in the 50s and 60s for there leather biker jackets and such. There's a few jackets that I've noticed in films which look to be high quality leather with a lot of character most likely worn into them like for instance The Fonze first black leather jacket in "Happy Days", it looks like an A-2 varient or hybrid and in certain shots you can see the character and creases, stretch marks etc etc in it. I think it got stolen off set after the first or second season, none of his other "brown" colored leather jackets looked like they came close in leather quality and character after that. I have pictures.
Also, the leather jackets in The Twilight Zone episode "Black Leather Jackets" look like high quality leather and I really like the shorter waist and western style back yoke on a couple, I also have pics of those among many other show and movie jackets. I'm not sure what type of leather exactly they would have been made with but they looked like full grain, maybe close to Badalassi or something along that line.
Do you know of the jackets I'm speaking of and any idea on what leather would have been used?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks again!
That helps me quite a bit. I've had the question about what a lot of these jacket makers were using like say back in the 50s and 60s for there leather biker jackets and such. There's a few jackets that I've noticed in films which look to be high quality leather with a lot of character most likely worn into them like for instance The Fonze first black leather jacket in "Happy Days", it looks like an A-2 varient or hybrid and in certain shots you can see the character and creases, stretch marks etc etc in it. I think it got stolen off set after the first or second season, none of his other "brown" colored leather jackets looked like they came close in leather quality and character after that. I have pictures.
Also, the leather jackets in The Twilight Zone episode "Black Leather Jackets" look like high quality leather and I really like the shorter waist and western style back yoke on a couple, I also have pics of those among many other show and movie jackets. I'm not sure what type of leather exactly they would have been made with but they looked like full grain, maybe close to Badalassi or something along that line.
Do you know of the jackets I'm speaking of and any idea on what leather would have been used?

Most likely a cowhide leather, but the TW episode may have had horsehide jackets due to the age/style of the jackets. The closest leathers to these would be the Vicenza Horsehide and the Badalassi Cowhide!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
New addition to our Aero Stock page! Size 44 Aero 1930s Half Belt in Brown Chromexcel Steerhide with a lightweight Black Stewart tartan. The color and grain of this leather is stunning--check out the close-up shots!

Aero 1930s Half Belt Brown CXL Steerhide NY2 front.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Brown CXL Steerhide NY2 Black Stewart tartan lining.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Brown CXL Steerhide NY2 back.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Brown CXL Steerhide NY2 chest pocket.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Brown CXL Steerhide NY2 name tag.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Brown CXL Steerhide NY2 button cuff.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Brown CXL Steerhide NY2 yoke.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Brown CXL Steerhide NY2 side cinch.jpg

BoDeen427

New in Town
Most likely a cowhide leather, but the TW episode may have had horsehide jackets due to the age/style of the jackets. The closest leathers to these would be the Vicenza Horsehide and the Badalassi Cowhide!
That sounds about right to me, those leathers look the closest to the "TZ" and "Happy Days" jackets as far as I can tell from pictures. I'm pretty sure when I'm ready to order a jacket it'll be one of those two leathers.....Thanks again, good info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-135919_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-135919_Chrome.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20220809-140530_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-140530_Chrome.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20220809-141008_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-141008_Chrome.jpg
    860.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20220809-141458_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-141458_Chrome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20220809-142357_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-142357_Chrome.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Aero Hooch Hauler and Badalassi Cowhide are a dream team! Grainy, expressive Badalassi is perfectly suited to the unique styling of the Hooch Hauler, with its crosszip front, button cuffs and half belt with detailed panels and hidden center gusset. Check out this fresh listing on our Featured Stock page--

Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP front.jpg

Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP Minto Check Tweed lining.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP back.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP tag.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP chest pocket.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP button cuff.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP handwarmer.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP yoke.jpg
Aero Hooch Hauler Black Badalassi Cowhide SXP side cinch.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We've added another Chromexcel Steerhide beauty to our stock pages! Size 40 Aero Sheene in Brown CXL Steerhide with a lightweight Lochcarron tartan lining. Check it out here--

Aero Sheene Brown CXL Steerhide MR7 front.jpg
Aero Sheene Brown CXL Steerhide MR7 Ross Hunting Modern tartan lining.jpg
Aero Sheene Brown CXL Steerhide MR7 back.jpg
Aero Sheene Brown CXL Steerhide MR7 tag.jpg
Aero Sheene Brown CXL Steerhide MR7 shoulder grain.jpg
Aero Sheene Brown CXL Steerhide MR7 name tag.jpg
Aero Sheene Brown CXL Steerhide MR7 sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Sheene Brown CXL Steerhide MR7 upper back.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just shipped off a beautiful custom Aero Dustbowl to its new home in New York! Tumbled Chromexcel FQHH with Olive Drab stitching and an olive cotton drill lining. This jacket is a showpiece for triple-stitched seams on the front yoke, lower front panel, sleeve seams, side panels and three-panel back!

Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 front.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 olive drill lining.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 back.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 tag.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 yoke.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 button cuff.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 bottom hem.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 handwarmer.jpg

Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 sleeve grain.jpg
Aero Dustbowl Tumbled Brown CXL FQHH ST9 name tag.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's the perfect leather to break out for some late summer, early fall sun exposure! Custom Natural Chromexcel FQHH Ridley with Olive Drab stitching and an olive drill lining. This beautiful leather will change with wear and weather over the years! When you are ready to start your custom Aero order, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and samples--

Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 front.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 olive cotton drill lining.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 back.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 tag.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 sleeve zipper.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 handwarmer.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 name tag.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 yoke.jpg
Aero Ridley D-Pocket Natural CXL FQHH EH1 kidney panel.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just shipped this stunning Aero Highwayman off to Florida! Lots of custom details paired with beautiful Brown CXL Steerhide make this a unique build. When you are ready to create a custom Aero, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and a spot in the queue!

Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 front.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 olive cotton drill lining.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 back.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 tag.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 front yoke.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 snap cuff.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 bottom hem.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 yoke.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 name tag.jpg
Aero Highwayman Brown CXL Steerhide KW9 buckle cinch.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
From our @thurstonbros Instagram today!

Reposted from @denim_selfedge_life

The custom Aero Leather Clothing asymmetrical biker jacket I ordered through Thurston Brothers has arrived!
Classic “D” pocket in Vancouver Dark Hickory cowhide and olive green cotton drill lining.
I love it!
If you are interested in purchasing a leather jacket, I highly recommend going through Thurston Brothers! Carrie Van Dyke helped me through the process and is very patient and knowledgeable!
Shout out to Dale @aerosurferlv for the video that introduced me to Thurston Brothers and the custom ordering process! His video about ordering the natural horsehide chromexel jacket from Thurston’s gave me the confidence in the company to pull the trigger:)
@thurstonbros @aeroleatherclothing
#vintagestyle #levis501 #goorinbros #denimlife

Aero Elvis Ridley Dark Hickory customer fit photo.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Please, please let this be the final heat wave of the summer--we have jackets that need breaking in! Here's a beautiful Aero Barnstormer that we recently delivered to Indiana. It's a reminder that fall and winter weather is just around the corner...contact us to get into the queue for your cold weather jacket!

Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 front.jpg
Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 black cotton drill lining.jpg
Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 back.jpg
Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 tag.jpg
Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 cuff.jpg
Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 name tag.jpg
Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 yoke.jpg
Aero Barnstormer Black CXL FQHH RS1 bottom hem.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members