Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Brothers Aero zipper pulls

walds11

New in Town
I’m ironing out the final details on my Thurston Bros Aero Seven jacket. Aero won't put the diamond pulls on the handwarmers...the diamonds aren't as tough as the other pull types, so it's best not to put them on a heavy use pocket. There are three pull types that you can put on all four front pockets: ring pulls, ball and chain pulls & bell pulls (same pull as on the sleeves and main zipper). I prefer to have same pull type on all four front pockets. I’m leaning towards ball and chain pulls because they look pretty nifty. What do you guys think?

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
depends on the type of leather. I wouldn't put the diamond pulls on a CXL jacket personally, on any of the pockets. Which balls and chains? There are two types. If you're talking the bigger one, I'd only use 1 on a jacket i.e.; for the chest pocket of a single chest pocket jacket. If it's a two chest pocket jacket use the smaller one

Last edited:

walds11

New in Town
depends on the type of leather. I wouldn't put the diamond pulls on a CXL jacket personally, on any of the pockets. Which balls and chains, there are two types. If you're talking the bigger one, I'd only use that one on a jacket i.e.; the chest pocket of a single chest pocket jacket

I’m getting a Vicenza HH jacket. I think it’s the small type ball and chain pull. See pics of the three pulls you can put on all four pockets: ball and chain, ring and bell pulls.

Attachments

• 3091A73F-94AC-4A41-A180-F9FBB8907B3F.jpeg
    3091A73F-94AC-4A41-A180-F9FBB8907B3F.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 686
  • 6B605E59-2F87-4ED3-8C05-08F44AD027A9.jpeg
    6B605E59-2F87-4ED3-8C05-08F44AD027A9.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 667
  • 17E95DBA-C9CE-4379-BB0A-8974215D63B5.jpeg
    17E95DBA-C9CE-4379-BB0A-8974215D63B5.jpeg
    502.3 KB · Views: 681

walds11

New in Town
The rings pulls look pretty good on this Seven.

Attachments

• FF7BE681-71C9-4F5B-B63F-AAE7895D5DD0.jpeg
    FF7BE681-71C9-4F5B-B63F-AAE7895D5DD0.jpeg
    826.4 KB · Views: 623

FlatCap99

One of the Regulars
I went with no zippers on my Seven hand warmers. I had zippers on my Model B and they kind of got in the way and while the jacket is breaking in (which I get for a Vanson is a long time), I found the end of the sleeve scraps against the zipper teeth. It's not bad or anything, but if you aren't going to be riding or need the zipper pull out of necessity to keep your belongings safe that the other pockets can't handle, going without them is an option too. Both my Seven's I went with more of a highway man style pocket config, but got the slimmer fit of the Seven. However, if I went with a zipper I would have went with the bell pulls on mine with the leather toggles on it because if you find you want a lower profile someday, you can always take the leather off and the bell pull tucks nicely in the pocket flaps. It's all preference in the end and I'm sure you will be pleased no matter what direction you go.

walds11

New in Town
Interesting points. I haven’t seen many Sevens with no zippers on the hand warmers.

The double chest pockets with zipped hand warmers give a collared jacket a more balance look in my opinion.

Since I was planning to get diamond pulls, I’ll do the ring pulls, since they have a similar look.

I spec my zippers to all be the #5 talon bell pullers. CXL will chew right thru anything else in short order.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
No bell on chest pockets. Looks like booby tassels if there are two pockets. Ring on the chest which you will seldom use. Bell on the pockets because unless you have fingers the size of a toddler the rings are tough to grab. Impossible with gloves.

IMG_2936.JPG
Mine had Diamonds on chest and Bells on sleeves, mainzip, and handwarmers. I would leave zippers off the hand warmers if I did it again.

walds11

New in Town
Mine had Diamonds on chest and Bells on sleeves, mainzip, and handwarmers. I would leave zippers off the hand warmers if I did it again.

I was thinking to keep all four zipper pulls the same style, but that’s not a bad look...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran