Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie clip / tie bar

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
Doran, That is definitly a watch chain. The slide goes on the belt and the watch in the little watch pockets(located along the waistband) some pants have.
Here are mine.
DSC03753.jpg

DSC03754.jpg

Thanks. Mystery solved. See, I knew this place was good for something. (And Feraud, those are some sweet watch chains.)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
The ebay group of tie bars, some with links. Pics aren't the best, sorry.

tiebars001.jpg

tiebars002.jpg

This one's pretty unique. The arms spread apart to allow the tie in.
tiebars003.jpg

tiebars004.jpg

tiebars005.jpg

tiebars006.jpg

tiebars007.jpg

tiebars008.jpg

tiebars009.jpg

tiebars010.jpg

funneman

Practically Family
Tie clip/tie bar

When my Mother passed away I aquired my Father's collection of bars and clips. At one time he was a Police Officer and so he has some real doozies. Revolvers, handcuffs, etc. I also come into possesion of a watch chain similar to the first one Doran posted.

For the longest time I wouldn't wear them for fear of losing them but recently I got into the collection and picked out a couple that I have been using on a daily basis. When I don't wear one now, I really miss it.

For some reason he later became a big fan of the tie tac, but I just can't bring myself to spear my precious silk ties with those.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AdmiralTofu said:
I think they look neat -- they do add a bit of extra flair to the outfit. Me, I never wear 'em, though -- I'm too in love with the tie-blowing-in-the-wind look. Especially with thin, vintage ties. :D

-Tofu

I've been doing the tie-blowing-in-the-wind look a bit lately with short, thinner 1930s ties and some of the early 40s ties that are not too loud or huge, and I must say, it works rather well for me if I have my hair slicked back and round black sunglasses and suspenders on. At least I thought so.

funneman

Practically Family
Thanks Doran and Ace Fedora

I'm really lucky to have 'em.

I really like the handcuffs tie tac. I'd love to wear it, but I just can't bring myself to spear my ties with it.

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
I do like my tie bars and tie pins, but I never was too keen on tie clips, still ain't. Most all of my bars and pins are from the "Swank" company as they always seem to be the most prevalent on ebaY.

univibe88

One Too Many
mannySpaghetti said:
I do like my tie bars and tie pins, but I never was too keen on tie clips, still ain't. Most all of my bars and pins are from the "Swank" company as they always seem to be the most prevalent on ebaY.

What is the difference between a tie bar and a tie clip? I have used the words interchangeably.

Feraud

Bartender
I've used the terms tie bar and clip interchangably too. The difference is probably how the tie bar slides on and the clip is the spring loaded version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24