Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tiny Hat question

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Alrighty, I don't know if these are period authentic, but I don't know where else to ask.

I'm interested in acquiring some of the tiny, decorative top hats that are commonly seen perched pinned off to the side of a lady's head, usually trimmed with ribbons and tulle, etc.

The only folks I've seen selling them are in England, and I don't even have a consistant contact for England--but I'd much prefer a local (read: US) vendor, to save on shipping and currency exchange.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Yes indeedy! Although I was hoping for undecorated, so I could customize them. These are more affordable than I would have guessed.

I have to laugh though, at the "Gothic, Lolita" description...so many things have those catch phrases, they hardly mean anything anymore.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
I think Gothic Lolita is one of those Japanese trends, but to me the hats are more burlesque than anything.

You may be able to take the decorations off to apply your own? Personally I think little veils would look so cute!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
JazzBaby said:
I think Gothic Lolita is one of those Japanese trends, but to me the hats are more burlesque than anything.

I agree, they have a very burlesque feel. I see photos of Dita wearing them all the time! They are adorable.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Little top hats turn up with reasonable frequency in the different Japanese goth looks. They're almost a uniform for EGA outfits. (EGA = Elegant Gothic Aristocrat.) H. Naoto and Atelier Boz use them pretty often.

This doll's outfit was done by h.Naoto. I think she's adorable. I want her little top hat. ^_^ (Now if only I'd had an extra $1000 lying around).
http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/event/dolpa16/hnaoto.html

I believe the ribbons can be removed, but I'm not positive. I was thrilled to find those because the ones I found on ebay were running like $40.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
Good to know about DecoDoll, thanks! I'm still more looking for the base hat to decorate myself, but it's good to have these websites saved too.

fleur

One of the Regulars
I love my mini toppers. All mine are sinamay. I have the pink one that I have on in the pic and a purple one. A black one soon.

I get my from Hats by Cressida on ebay. She does lots of fascinators too.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Hats-By-Cressida

Although in UK she ships worldwide but I have to say her service is second to none!

MeandKirst2.jpg

]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner