Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To all the jackets you've loved before (that traveled in and out your door)

Yeah, ditto... Though it was great on a bike, I just couldn't ride in it for some reason, plus everyone was telling me it's too short... I still wish I stuck by it. It would've looked killer by now...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Monitor I probably would have sold that as well....just that little bit too short. That probably makes it all the more frustrating as it's almost long enough!

Yeah, ditto... Though it was great on a bike, I just couldn't ride in it for some reason, plus everyone was telling me it's too short... I still wish I stuck by it. It would've looked killer by now...
I primarily sold mine b/c it was too long to ride in! It bunched up like a mutha. If it had a two way zip (which is probably blasphemy for the style) I'd a kept it and used it.

PN, I know... ;_; But, it was this image that made me think this length would've worked. Always thought the more modern Perfectos are too long.
310px-MHBgreaser.jpg

But oh well...

Ton, it doesn't seem too long at all, but I believe you... Nothing as annoying as a jacket that bunches up on a bike. I often see people riding like that, though!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So here's a few of the ones I've parted ways with. (I feel at least a little more normal hearing about folks who have owned multiple Leathers. Most folks think I'm crazy, saying "Could you wear more than one jacket?" Or "
Why would you put that much money into jackets...they are just a coat for goodness sake!" Some folks just will never understand... :) 1044.JPG
Vanson Model A --

Then -- First Gear by Hein Gereke (Given to a friend with a motorcycle)
IMG_0645.JPG

Others to come...great Thread idea Tony!

Vanson model A is the first jacket I bought when the leather bug infected me. Okay, I messed up the size, but I still loved that jacket and never quite seen anything like it. Then I started with the 'online research', learned of horsehide, top grain, full grain, aniline, CXL, etc. etc. I sold it, instantly had regrets and a few years and over 20 jackets later, with infinite thanks to Chris (pawineguy), I have it again, this time never to leave my side again:

So handymike I hear you.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Neat Stuff there! That Model A was/is quite a neat jacket. Mine was way too big, if I do it again I'll hunt for a better size!

ProteinNerd

My first Diamond Dave Buco J-100. I was after one of a similar length o the RM version but it came in much shorter. Fit great otherwise and was stellar work but at the time, it wasn't what I was after. I really regret selling this one, really regret it.

IMG_0027.jpg

ProteinNerd

Aero/LVC Blue-Black Goat.
Please excuse the garish True Religion jeans (they have moved on as well lol)

Great little jacket and I love the styling. I searched high and low for this one but they are just too short in the body (sleeve as well but I could have lived with that). From memory its only about 21 inches at the back.

This was eventually replaced by my premier half belt with a similar (but functioning) back.....much better. Not much regret in this one...it just didn't work for me.

IMG_0042.jpg IMG_0043.jpg

My first Diamond Dave Buco J-100. I was after one of a similar length o the RM version but it came in much shorter. Fit great otherwise and was stellar work but at the time, it wasn't what I was after. I really regret selling this one, really regret it.

View attachment 47381

I think I may remember first seeing this jacket on filmjackets.com. That's when I first learned of DD. It looks really good.

Aero/LVC Blue-Black Goat.
Please excuse the garish True Religion jeans (they have moved on as well lol)

Great little jacket and I love the styling. I searched high and low for this one but they are just too short in the body (sleeve as well but I could have lived with that). From memory its only about 21 inches at the back.

This was eventually replaced by my premier half belt with a similar (but functioning) back.....much better. Not much regret in this one...it just didn't work for me.

View attachment 47382 View attachment 47383
Man I'm going bat shit crazy with my pending slim half belt order. I want that super slim, cool as Hell look but I also need to move in my jackets. Is it ultimately a compromise of form over function? Look bad ass but mummified? I don't know. I know I love my bootlegger but for my straight up half belt I want it slimmer. And I sold a freek'n slim CR b/c it squeezed me like Andre the Giant. This stuff is perilous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy