Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

To the bald

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I think it is silly for people to fret over "going bald." All of the "Hair Club for Men" and other commercials drive me batty. It is just hair, for cripes' sake.

I have an extremely attractive male friend who is bald as a cueball.

I guess I just don't see what the big deal is about being/going bald.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
I gotta ask... on which side is the bald gene passed? Because if it's through the father's side, chances are I'll be a cueball by the time I'm 50... well, actually that wouldn't be so bad.

Tony in Tarzana said:
I've thought about shaving my head, but as big as I am, I'm afraid I'd scare people. :eek:

What's so scary about a big bald fella?

Girl Friday

Practically Family
It is supposedly a sex linked trait, so it would be your mother's father...if he went bald then chances are you will too, if you are a guy... however... some of the ladies on my dad's side of the family have extremely thin hair... YIKES! And no it does not look good. I don't think I really have to worry about it though. :D

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CharlieH. said:
What's so scary about a big bald fella?

Tor_Johnson.jpg

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Tony in Tarzana said:
I've thought about shaving my head, but as big as I am, I'm afraid I'd scare people. :eek:

I can identify with that: I was incredibly nervous about the possible results when I lathered my bonce up for the first time.

TabbyKat

New in Town
Tony in Tarzana said:

Hey Tony. My DH is a shiny head and is also heavy set. I just posted a pic of him in the "What do you look like" thread. Most people have said he look better now that he did away with the hair than he did before. If you have the right kind of noggin, weight won't matter. I preffer big & bald myself, and I know several ladies that would agree. Maybe give it a try sometime. If you don't like it, it is just another excuse to wear a lid more often! ;)

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
TabbyKat said:
Hey Tony. My DH is a shiny head and is also heavy set. I just posted a pic of him in the "What do you look like" thread. Most people have said he look better now that he did away with the hair than he did before. If you have the right kind of noggin, weight won't matter. I preffer big & bald myself, and I know several ladies that would agree. Maybe give it a try sometime. If you don't like it, it is just another excuse to wear a lid more often! ;)

I may yet give it a try. It's just that at six feet, 335 pounds and an 18-1/2" neck, along with an old scar on my scalp, I can't help thinking "Bouncer" or "Mob Torpedo."

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
What the heck Tony....go for it. If you're even thinking about shaving your head you'll probably love it. Most guys do. I'm 6'7" 225 lbs. I think it looks good on a big guy. Remember...no more hat head:)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
I may yet give it a try. It's just that at six feet, 335 pounds and an 18-1/2" neck, along with an old scar on my scalp, I can't help thinking "Bouncer" or "Mob Torpedo."
Nobody's saying bouncers and mob torpedos aren't manly and virile.

Time for me to come out, BTW. I'm a baldy. Not a chrome-dome, but incipient fringe-friar.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Fletch said:
I'm a baldy. Not a chrome-dome, but incipient fringe-friar.

"Fringe-Friar??" lol lol lol

That's too rich...I finally have a name for this hairstyle that I've had for the past several years!

I have shaved my head completely a few times and have always gotten positive responses to it. At 6'2", 265 lbs. and also having a scar on my head, I had the same reservations as you, Tony. If it's something that you want to try, go for it! Given the way you carry off every hat I've ever seen you in, you'll carry off the bald thing perfectly too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats