Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today's Classic Films

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Remains of a Day is painfully beautiful film. I Walk the Line , Dog Day Afternoon, The Sting, Oh Brother Where Art Thou and True Confessions I feel are all destined to be Classics

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Drama
Wings of Desire, Remains of the Day, The Secret Garden (1993), Truman Show, Rabbit Proof Fence, Shawshank Redemption, Station Agent, Centrial Station, Requiem for a Dream

Comedy
Truth about Cats and Dogs, Soul Man, Amelie, The Toy, Trading Places, Galaxy Quest, Princess Bride

Action
Chronicles of Narnia, Superman Returns, all 3 Spider Man movies

Horror
28 Days Later, Land of the Dead, Day of the Dead (remake), Nightmare Before Christmas, Session 9, Blair Witch Project, Se7en, Stir Of Echos

Fantasy/Sci Fi
The Last Unicorn, LotR, King Kong, Primer

I dont even agree wit all the choices, and I left a lot of favorites off, but many of them I see will have staying power beyond a lot of what is out there now.

LD

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Most have named the probables that will be viewed in the future with enthusiasm I believe. In fact they are pseudo-classic now. Since we enjoy so many channels for viewing we see these not-too-old movies run pretty often. That tells us something right there.

Many of these are the ones that while channel surfing we stop and watch at whatever point we find them running and continue to the end. I'd rather watch the just last 45 minutes of, say, Die Hard or many of these than most anything available.:)

Naphtali

Practically Family
Concur with WH1 and Stella's sister Thora, "The Usual Suspects."

Pick of the litter, though, is the winsome spoof, "Galaxy Quest," the anti-Star Dreck, of which every actor is superbly believable.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The Red Violin...ahh, a violin crafted by a master whose beloved
wife dies; her blood is mixed with pigment, and used to paint the
instrument; its descent through Time: Europe, China, New York.... :)

The Scent of Green Papaya reveals the peasant-to-patrician
rise of a Vietnamese servant girl circa 1950s Vietnam. :)

Chariots of Fire, need I say more? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy