Today's Pinup Fashion a Sly Wink to the Past - New York Times

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by scotrace, May 22, 2012.

1. Flicka

Flicka One Too Many

Not in the case of my ancestress though. She wasn't out to help, just busy looking down at everyone else. Meanwhile, her son knocked up my great grandmother out of wedlock and then took off, encouraged by his mother who thought him too good for a fallen woman.

2. MissMittens

MissMittens One Too Many

This particular person was a very outspoken Evangelical person......fueled by religious guilt.....

3. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Oh, I know - I was just responding to this: "Seems that the more vociferous someone is about moral values, the more likely it is that they're the last one who should be talking about it", which I perceived as a generalization. I'm just saying that there are some who could be riled up against something because they had a change of heart. Just a different perspective, is all. Both types of people populate our world.

(Says the gal who simply doesn't like generalizations... :D )

4. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

Sometimes people learn from mistakes..

5. MissMittens

MissMittens One Too Many

Sometimes though, generalizations fit whether we like the idea or not ;) Just look at all the politicians in the last 30 yrs who have tried to legislate morality, only to be found out that they were doing exactly the opposite themselves at the time, for an example. I'm very suspicious about someone telling me that something is bad for me and i shouldn't do it on TV over and over again, or on the radio, or in a newspaper......