Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Today's Pinup Fashion a Sly Wink to the Past - New York Times

Flicka

One Too Many
Or that they had a big change of heart and don't want others going along the same path. Just a thought...

Not in the case of my ancestress though. She wasn't out to help, just busy looking down at everyone else. Meanwhile, her son knocked up my great grandmother out of wedlock and then took off, encouraged by his mother who thought him too good for a fallen woman.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I know - I was just responding to this: "Seems that the more vociferous someone is about moral values, the more likely it is that they're the last one who should be talking about it", which I perceived as a generalization. I'm just saying that there are some who could be riled up against something because they had a change of heart. Just a different perspective, is all. Both types of people populate our world.

(Says the gal who simply doesn't like generalizations... :D )

MissMittens

One Too Many
(Says the gal who simply doesn't like generalizations... :D )

Sometimes though, generalizations fit whether we like the idea or not ;) Just look at all the politicians in the last 30 yrs who have tried to legislate morality, only to be found out that they were doing exactly the opposite themselves at the time, for an example. I'm very suspicious about someone telling me that something is bad for me and i shouldn't do it on TV over and over again, or on the radio, or in a newspaper......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner