Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
About the color...I had a realization two days ago. Right after I got the E-mail saying it had been shipped.

Of all the colors of ribbon he showed me, this one just look more "right" the longer I looked at the picture. Then after the hat was finished it hit me. The hat and the ribbon have two of the three shades that make up the "tortoiseshell" pattern in my eyeglass frames. I mean it nails the colors exactly.

I really like these new glasses so no wonder as I narrowed down that hat colors I ended up really liking these two. By the way, that particular NOS ribbon color Tony says is called "Light Side". I chose it over "Belgian", "Claro", "Mocha" and another I can't recall.

steppenwolph

Familiar Face
Wow, three new great hats from Tumwater to ogle!

DJH, that felt looks so buttery soft, and the color is gorgeous. I want my next hat from Tony to be that color felt.

Herzen, that is an amazing lid on you. I love the color combo you have going on there. :eusa_clap

Brent, I have a tonyb custom in that same color brown:D, one of my favorites. I know you really enjoy wearing your new creation. It looks a winner.

It is really hard to sit here looking at these beautiful hats and not be ordering one for myself.

Thanks for sharing!

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Steppenwolph,

Your hat was somewhat of a model I had in mind. After we had come up with the basic proportions and I had settled on brown (initially it was going to be a grey hat) I saw yours in this thread. Loved the lines and shape it had in profile view. So I told Tony that seeing yours really made me confident that I like his style of hat, albeit with my narrow brim quirk.

steppenwolph

Familiar Face
Steppenwolph,

Your hat was somewhat of a model I had in mind. After we had come up with the basic proportions and I had settled on brown (initially it was going to be a grey hat) I saw yours in this thread. Loved the lines and shape it had in profile view. So I told Tony that seeing yours really made me confident that I like his style of hat, albeit with my narrow brim quirk.

That is the best! I'm glad that my hat helped you decide on Tony's work as being right for you. They are great lids indeed:cool:.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
This has to be the best-dressed $8 styrofoam head in town, don't you think?

HatHead.JPG

My wife says every time she see that head with the hat she thinks "Now that's a head with attitude!"

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Everyone

I asked Tony to build me a hat to wear in Seattle on travel. I asked for a pretty dark gray with a subtle blue or maroon ribbon. 5.75 inch open crown, 2.75 inch brim. The hat is Charcoal gray with a Blue Mist Ribbon in a triple bow. The edge will be bound in the color to the right.

Tumwater_Charcoal_Blue_Mist.jpg

Later

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hi Everyone

I asked Tony to build me a hat to wear in Seattle on travel. I asked for a pretty dark gray with a subtle blue or maroon ribbon. 5.75 inch open crown, 2.75 inch brim. The hat is Charcoal gray with a Blue Mist Ribbon in a triple bow. The edge will be bound in the color to the right.

Later

That is going to be a classic Tumwater, Mike.

Lights

Familiar Face
Hi Everyone

Later

Would love to see a picture of the bow, awesome hat!

1961MJS

Hi

Here's a few pictures Tony just sent me, I should have the hat this week.

Center Dent with Hollywood Brim:

Finished_Seattle_Hat_3_sm.jpg

It's in the mail and I should get it tomorrow or the next day.

Merry Christmas Y'all

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many

My Tumwater got the nod for Christmas Eve. Made it past two sick toddlers and many tipsy adults and survived without a scratch. My brave spouse is also pictured, at about 8 1/2 months into carrying my giant progeny. I enjoy this TonyB hat more every time I wear it. I forget I've got a hat on, which is a good indicator to me that I've got a quality hat. Frank

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Looks great Frank!
I went back in this thread to get a better [refreshed] idea about this hat.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...nd-a-gentleman&p=996132&viewfull=1#post996132
I really like it, IU like this type of Tonys bow work the best. This hat rocks!
I am well on my way to thinking that a 2 1\2 inch brim is the best overall look. This one is perfect for you.
I have been wearing my Sportaire with the 2 1\2 brim today and it just feels right.
Truth be told I like the crown on my new BG Campdraft but the wide brim just seems kinda off to me...
Anyway great photo and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice shot Frank. Yours was one of the hats that inspired me to get my first one made by Tony.

Fantastic that you and your wife are going to be having such an exciting start to 2012!

frussell

One Too Many
Thanks boys. Truth be told, I stole part of what I wanted that hat to look like from Handlebart's photos of some of his first TonyB hats. Rusty - I like the 2 1/2" brim a lot, but on some hats it really looks short on me. This hat is great because I also like the way it looks brim-up. Happy Holidays. Frank

1961MJS

Hi

I've been wearing my new hat quite a bit. I'll post a couple more pictures, but I don't have a head shot yet. My Mom made several attempts while back in Illinois over Xmas, but my late Dad was the family photographer.

Seattle_Charcoal_01.jpg

Seattle_Charcoal_03.jpg

Seattle_Charcoal_04.jpg

Tony suggested the initials and the year of my birth (1961MJS) but in Roman Numerals. I'm now officially spoiled. All Beaver fur hats are a LOT softer than the bunny fur jobs. I told Tony I was after a subtle hat in coloring, but with the flashy bow and look. I wear the hat with a slight Hollywood brim, tilted down to the left. The Dark Gray (Charcoal) and the Dark Blue (Blue Mist) were kind of made to show the rainy, cloudy, foggy Northwest. I may end up moving their since Boeing in Wichita is closing by the end of 2013.

Thanks Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo