Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Steel felt, incredible vintage ribbon, black binding.

untitled-2277_zpsbb291203.jpg

This hat is very nice. I am loving the ribbon work and the choice of ribbons! Very nice!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Found a pic of some hats I am liking

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/4605/dscf2854x.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the steel grey Tumwater pictured in this thread is the same color as the grey hat, second shelf, far left?

What colors are the grey hats on the far right, first on the top shelf and then on the second shelf?

I have a Stetson in caribou and thinking a second grey hat is what I want and do not want one that is so close in color though.

Memphis, those hats were made by Mike Miller of Northwest Hats. Give him a ring or shoot him an email. Super easy to work with and affordable, but don't let me steer you away from other fine hatters. Just thought you might want to go straight to the source.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Teach: what colors are those. Looks like it will be super
aught: head shot? That is one very interesting ribbon. I am thinking it will give visual "texture".

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The hat is looking good, Teach - very nice colour combo.

I always like the shape of Tony's blocks too, will be a super looking hat when it is finished.

1961MJS

Hi Teach, nice hat.

I like the color combination pretty well, it looks good outside. I can't decide whether or not I'll order that triple or the regular one next time. Looks good though.

later

cw3pa

A-List Customer
My new Tony B arrived yesterday afternoon. I asked Tony for a cream felt with a ribbon matching one of my maduro wrapped cigars. I know the double edge binding isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I believe Tony hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately we've got snow today instead of sunshine.
NewHat1_zps8256c3c2.jpg

The obligatory noggin shot.
NewHat2_zps85fb1855.jpg

1961MJS

HI

I like your cream colored hat, I also like the double edge binding too. I bet that would look really cool on a black hat, black ribbon, black outside binding Maroon inside binding with a Maroon trim on the ribbon somewhere.

Later

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Tony is just finishing up with my first custom and it’s looking great. Can’t wait to see it in person and get some photos up in the thread soon. He’s been a real pleasure to work with.

BobC

Like it, CW. And Tony seems to have come really close to matching your maduro cigar request. Congrats!

BJ, looking forward to seeing what Tony puts together for you. I have to say it's been a while since I talked to him about a hat, but he is a real pleasure to work with.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Congrats, BJ. Tony makes wonderful hats with a vibe all of their own.

I bet this will be one hat you won't have to get busy trimming down the brim :)

Looking forward to seeing pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran