Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

Right then - here you go ....

New TonyB hat right where it belongs!

1200112524_F7in4-L.jpg

I've hardly taken it off since I got the package from Tony.

That looks great, DJ, you look very stylish with the hat swooped that way and the scarf. You should be happy with that one.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That looks great, DJ, you look very stylish with the hat swooped that way and the scarf. You should be happy with that one.

Thanks hatophile, the scarf was mainly because I was heading out to scrape snow and ice off the cars - for the 1,000,000th time this winter.

Thanks, David. That black one is a favorite of mine. Tony's work is first rate, and those pictures your new lid have me jonesing for another tonyb special of my own.

I'm 90% sure my next one will be black with black ribbon and binding.

He also has mine up there, top of the page, 2nd lid from the left. Nice.

I remember when you posted pics of yours, bolthead. Great looking hat!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
New Hat From TonyB

I wasn't expecting this new hat to arrive until tomorrow, so it was a nice surprise to find a package from Tony waiting for me this afternoon.

Tony calls the felt light grey, but it is just about the same as Art's Silver Belly. Either way, this is one of my favorite colours for hats so I'm really liking it.

I forgot to measure the height of the open crown before I creased it, I think it is between 51/2 and 6 inches. The brim is about 21/2 inches with a narrow binding.

As with my previous Tumwater hat, the quality is just fantastic.

The hat is fitting me just right and I'm already enjoying wearing it.

Thanks Tony!

D333842-L.jpg

D333848-L.jpg

D333843-L.jpg

D333850-L.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
The combination of ribbons on that felt is perfect! I usually prefer something less "busy" myself, but that really suits the dimensions/shape of the hat and the felt color. That is a very sharp lookin' lid you've got there, DJH!

I wasn't expecting this new hat to arrive until tomorrow, so it was a nice surprise to find a package from Tony waiting for me this afternoon.

Tony calls the felt light grey, but it is just about the same as Art's Silver Belly. Either way, this is one of my favorite colours for hats so I'm really liking it.

I forgot to measure the height of the open crown before I creased it, I think it is between 51/2 and 6 inches. The brim is about 21/2 inches with a narrow binding.

Thanks Tony!

Thanks for the kind words, David.

As to the color -- it is indeed what the felter calls silverbelly, but I'm reluctant to call it that because there are so many differing grays called silverbelly that I fear it can lead to confusion.

Glad to hear it fits right. That's always a matter of some concern, when we're trying to get it right from opposite sides of the continent.

The binding is unique to that hat, by the way. It involved a bit of alchemy.

I really dig the way you shaped the crown.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
WOW! Very nice lid you got there. Tony did a great job for you. I really like the bash you put in. Noggin shot?

Thanks Steppenwolph. I really like the style of Tony's hats. Niggin shot to follow soon!

Thanks for the kind words, David.

As to the color -- it is indeed what the felter calls silverbelly, but I'm reluctant to call it that because there are so many differing grays called silverbelly that I fear it can lead to confusion.

Glad to hear it fits right. That's always a matter of some concern, when we're trying to get it right from opposite sides of the continent.

The binding is unique to that hat, by the way. It involved a bit of alchemy.

I really dig the way you shaped the crown.

Thanks Tony. I really appreciate your hard work on the hat.

It's amazing how my two hats in this colour felt are so different. The VS completely says Art and this one is clearly TonyB. I'm thrilled with the hat!

The only way I can think of to describe that hat:

That hat's got moxie! It's got the right stuff! :eusa_clap

Thank you Alexander - the hats Tony makes have a pretty unique look I think.

Great looking hat to be sure, I'll second the request for a noggin shot.

Cheers T Rick. Plenty of noggin shots to come, I assure you.

David, That hat is just purely spectacular!! It really has that great 1930's proportions. I love high crowns and that color is beautiful. Very nice. It makes me want to order one. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks so much Josh. Having seen your posts and notes on the hats you like, I had a feeling you'd like this one. I think Tony makes the hats he'd like to wear himself - good deal if you share his preferences.

This is a great hat week for me, got this beauty and I bought your Adam as well :D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The combination of ribbons on that felt is perfect! I usually prefer something less "busy" myself, but that really suits the dimensions/shape of the hat and the felt color. That is a very sharp lookin' lid you've got there, DJH!

Thank you jlee. Tony's style isn't always the most discrete (although I'm sure he could make hats that were less busy if a client wanted that), but I really like it. Always fun to get a new hat and I'm loving this one already.

It's great that we have such good custom hat makers to choose from - I really like your black Penman and (especially) that uniquely coloured Black Sheep hat you have.

Thanks Tony!

D333842-L.jpg

D333848-L.jpg

D333843-L.jpg

D333850-L.jpg

Wow! Again!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Again!

Thanks Hato! Wow was my thought when I unpacked the hat. Tony had sent me some photos, but I was unprepared for just what a great job he had done.

Very sharp, David. The triple bow shouts TonyB, and he has a tremendous talent for putting colors together that make a lid pop like no one else's.

Cheers Bob! You are right, Tony is great at getting colours together. He also (just like Art) is really patient to work with you to get it just right. For this hat, he wasn't totally with the colour of brim binding ribbon so he took the trouble to bleach it to get it to look just right.

I really like the TonyB triple bow as well - both my Tumwater hats have it.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Bravo, David! What an exquisite hat! Beautifully nostalgic lines with lovely felt and ribbon work. Congrats! :eusa_clap:clap:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats