Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonyb.....hatter and a gentleman

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
It’s a great hat, although I’m sure Jeff’s crown is a bit higher. The diamond bows also look nice, but I think I still lean towards the triple bow myself for my favorite style. The brim is indeed wider than 2 1/2” on this one by about a 1/16”. I feel a bit swamped in it, but it sure looks ok when the hat’s on the table. Finished with my work early at about 9pm so I worked on the shape a bit. Still need to work at smoothing out the brim edge while giving it a bit of a swoop for interest, but I’m close.

IMG-20130918-00578_zpsdc2a1251.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
One more pic because yesterday’s cellphone pics just don’t do it justice. Then again this one doesn’t either. I keep rolling the brim up because it feels so nice.

Tumwaterphoto_zps3f629aed.jpg

Can’t wait for my brown one. I hope I like a bound brim.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
My newest Tumwater arrived today and I’m quite pleased. Wanted a good all-around brown hat and this is it. Sadly I didn’t have time to do anything with it today other than to take this quick pic after taking it out of the box. Around a 6” crown, 22 linge black ribbon, 2 1/4” bound brim (the brim binding is brown like the hat), great triple bow. Can’t wait to crease it, then I’ll post some pics.

NewTumwater_zps89ee8387.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Got a chance to work on shaping the new hat a bit this evening, but the camera was acting up so I had to use my cell phone. Hard to do a dark hat justice. Was able to work a nice deep “v” into the front of this one, and I really like how the bound brim keeps the shape from getting too wavy in places. This one is going to get a lot of use. Really an all-around great hat; I’m very pleased with what Tony was able to put together here.

Brownfedora1_zps7fb06dfb.jpg

Brownfedora2_zps36dff8ee.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great looking Tumwater, BJ.

I was going to post in that mysteriously closed thread about the best hat decades, that the felt on Tony's hats probably feels better than any other modern hat I've had and better than most vintage ones. I don't know what he does, but it works!

Enjoy your new hat!

Luscombe

New in Town
I received this hat from Tony several months ago. It is Pecan Beaver and meant to be similar to a Whippet.
In the last week I have worn it 5 times running errands and every time I went out, I got a compliment. Just love the fit, feel and look of the hat. Another outstanding job by Tony.

IMG_3843.jpg

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Put in my order in for a whiskey beaver felt to tony . This is going to be my second custom hat besides my favorite AF beaver camping hat. Will post pics when it arrives.
Looking forward to it tony!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_245286__zps912aecd1.jpg.html] [/URL]

Well the "Cat" is out of the bag now, (here) for who made my Husband a hat for this upcoming Birthday. This is only one picture, I will take more later but for now, this is the hat. Is is as close to the picture of a hat used for Tony to make this from and the color and everything is enough to leave you speechless. I do have to have Tony tweak the size on it, is is a bit to short for the forward length but that is my fault I should have actually measured one of Daniel's hats for the size information. I am sure Tony will fix it with out too much of a problem and I am sure now this is only going to be the first of a few I will be having Tony make.

This one is different from any of the Vintage, the felt is smooth and creamy feeling and is a bit thicker than vintage but holds the shape sort of like a cowboy hat, (felt used was I think western hat felt). Color is Ivory and the ribbon is sort of a yellow/peach color. So one of a kind color wise. I can now see why custom made hats are so desired.

Thank you so much Tony for this hat. Perfect details. Just what I wanted to have for Daniel's birthday.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow, Tony gave me some simple instructions (steam and hat jack) and now this is very perfect, I used the measurements from another hat and got this one exactly the same now. I will have to post more pictures tomorrow or later, but again, thanks Tony. More business to come....!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
What a great looking hat, well done Cynthia & Tony and congratulations Daniel.

It's a rare thing to see a thin ribbon Tumwater like that - ya got me thinking here :)

I hope the birthday boy is doing well - getting such a great present will help, I'm sure.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
What a great looking hat, well done Cynthia & Tony and congratulations Daniel.

It's a rare thing to see a thin ribbon Tumwater like that - ya got me thinking here :)

I hope the birthday boy is doing well - getting such a great present will help, I'm sure.

Yes this is one Birthday Daniel will be really totally spoiled rotten!

I have to say this was a intense business matter for me, as I already made mention regarding what I would call, issues for Tony. I put him through some hoops and hills to jump, as I do not know as much about Hats as everyone else that would normally make an order from him. I changed the brim size and was going in a circle on what to do about what felt to have used. Then it was this color ordeal. AND stupid me on the sizing, I could have used my brain and did some measurements to give him while he was making this hat for the size. He made the hat a 7 1/2 diameter with out a doubt, I should have made sure it was a real long oval more but I dealt with all that here as he guided me on it with the Hat Jack and Steam!

In the larger picture of this, I tend to have this vision coming upon my mind, if you can have one like this, of some very sweet man making a hat for me, and each times he sees I have something to change up on the order, well, this Scotch Cabinet sees use again.....(shot or two to steel the nerves)! Yeah I called Tony sweet and he is. Very wonderful person, he handled everything with such grace and dignity I am proud to say!

Now Daniel has a pile of loot coming to him for his Birthday. I have no doubt at all this hat is going to be what really makes it in the gift department as everything stated here was printed off and is being tossed into the box with the Hat inside (from the thread "Birthday Hat"). Sort of the Candles on the icing on the Cake! Thanks Tony, you are the best!

Cindy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR