Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

took the plunge -

sparks

New in Town
well, i finally did it - after lurking here a few weeks & bgetting ever more interested, i finally did it - took the wife, for her stylistic eye, and visited
HENRY THE HATTER - Southfield store - and acquired my first Real hat!!!!

Royal Stetson Saxon 7 1/4 caribou gray;black ribbon;

amazing; the feeling of 1st intrepidation - like "oh my god, what am i wearing', to 'why havent i done this before-like 10 years ago'; much like wet shaving for the 1st time 8mos ago -

i believe it does take a certain amouint of confidence to want to wear a hat, but then the action of wearing it emboldens the wearer even more, if that makes sense.

excellent staff at the store too;

well, thanks again to this site & its members; i am now able to say, 'ONE OF US, ONE OF US' as a proud new Stetson owner!

now to get a brown....

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Use an image hosting site like photobucket. When you upload a picture onto that, copy and paste the image code into your post, and when you submit your post it should appear as a picture.

And congratulations on the hat. I like modern Stetsons, the one in my avatar being one.

sparks

New in Town
a=48777262_48777262

sparks

New in Town
see my avatar

see avatar

i guess this is the quick & dirty way;

i REALLY hate giving out cellphone #;

dallastech

New in Town
Me, Too

I have this strange feeling I stepped into your shoes. My Three Forks arrived yesterday - I wore it to a casual restaurant - I know it was just my imagination, but I can't help but think that the guys with ball-caps were measuring their caps against the Three Forks. It took me a while but I finailly noticed - this was a Saturday night, deep into East Texas ranch land - only ball-caps but no hats. I can't wait for the Banjo Paterson to arrive - YEEHAW!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dallastech said:
I have this strange feeling I stepped into your shoes. My Three Forks arrived yesterday - I wore it to a casual restaurant - I know it was just my imagination, but I can't help but think that the guys with ball-caps were measuring their caps against the Three Forks. It took me a while but I finailly noticed - this was a Saturday night, deep into East Texas ranch land - only ball-caps but no hats. I can't wait for the Banjo Paterson to arrive - YEEHAW!

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

Al Niente

Familiar Face
Congrats, Sparks on the new "first" lid. One of many to come, I suspect!

Had to laugh at your story. I had the exact same experience at the same place. Henry the Hatter. It's a great shop with great customer service. Glad you found our "gem" in town.

texashatman

Familiar Face
I too recently took the plunge and bought a new felt Stetson Temple. I wore it for the first time the other day flying from Houston to Los Angeles and actually got some nice responses from people. I only saw one other hat the whole trip. After wearing western hats for years I definitely noticed the difference in peoples reactions to the fedora. I didn't get a single "Yee-Haw Cowboy" for instance. ;)

texashatman

Familiar Face
J.T.Marcus said:
Yup! Even here in Texas we still get that, when wearing a western hat. :D

That's why wearing the fedora isn't as big a deal to me. I've been hearing those comments my whole life! Even living west of Houston in Cutting Horse country! Mostly with the fedora I get "Man that's nice but I couldn't pull that off". Anybody that says that is probably right in their self assessment.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome Sparks. If its the hat in your avatar, it looks great! Like avedwards, I too like modern Stetsons...also vintage Stetsons, Adams, Borsalinos, etc. You get the idea. If you haven't yet, you will soon, as your hat collection grows!

ALL*HeLL

New in Town
Congrats and Hi to a fellow Michigan member!

I'm up near Capac and also new to Fedoras but not to westerns.

Any Michigan members get any work done on old or new hats at Henry the Hatter's? Just wondering about their quality. Sorry for the hijack.

Al Niente

Familiar Face
Another Detroiter here.

I recommend Henry the Hatter very highly. I have purchased many hats from them and had others worked on. They do a very good job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart