Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tough to size

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
newspapercowboy said:
I come in right between 7 3/8 and 7 1/2....just thought I'd vent

No need to feel like the Lone Ranger. The "vintage" DIY fix is buy 7 1/2 and pad the sweatband with folded newspaper. I get a lot of great news from old hats!

I'm 7 3/16 Long Oval.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
As the sufferer of a similar condition, I can sympathize. My measurement is EXACTLY 7 1/4. Precisely and pointedly. This creates a serious dilemma: if the hat draws in or shrinks even sort of, the hat becomes too small and rides up.

Unfortunately, a 7 3/8 is an entire size too big.

So I wander about dazed and confused most of the time, either putting up with hats that are perfect but soon to be not, or hats that are a full size too large and padded out in a fairly serious way.

That's life, they tell me.

newspapercowboy

Familiar Face
Dewhurst said:
As the sufferer of a similar condition, I can sympathize. My measurement is EXACTLY 7 1/4. Precisely and pointedly. This creates a serious dilemma: if the hat draws in or shrinks even sort of, the hat becomes too small and rides up.

Unfortunately, a 7 3/8 is an entire size too big.

So I wander about dazed and confused most of the time, either putting up with hats that are perfect but soon to be not, or hats that are a full size too large and padded out in a fairly serious way.

That's life, they tell me.

That's exactly wat I do, dazed and confused in the wrong size hat

Dewhurst

Practically Family
newspapercowboy said:
That's exactly wat I do, dazed and confused in the wrong size hat

Unless we begin having our hats sized for our noggin' on a per purchase basis (ala custom), it is the fate to which we are genetically predestined.

We may never extricate ourselves. We must learn to be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy