Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toys McCoy's B-3...

...is the most impressive jacket I've ever handled in my entire life.

I have nothing more to add.

91NEIjhgMDL._UL1500_.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That's nice, is that yours to handle forever? Or was it a single handling session?

What is the deal with the collar snaps? I don't think i have seen that before.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Toys McCoy B-3 has a smaller collar than the other repros. It is a normal collar size like that on a normal coat as opposed to the extra wide collar on military shearling jackets. So the snaps make the collar look quite smart if you bend the collar and get it stand like some would do on A-2s. They may have found a modified original and based on that one or they simply tweaked the design.
My fd bought one when we went to Tokyo in 2018. He found the RM B-3 with the big collar too much and picked the Toys in stead.

That's nice, is that yours to handle forever? Or was it a single handling session?

Lol definitely not mine. It's like the One Ring, such a jacket would be too much of a burden for me. Plus I don't have $4K. But if anyone can get their hands on one of these... You're done. Furry Grail piece if there ever one existed. Those throat straps must be 7-8 oz. And don't get me started about the shearling.

HPA Rep

Vendor

The snaps are found on all genuine B-3's produced beginning in 1938 and any repro B-3 endeavoring for authenticity.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
that's a pair of waistbelt on the neck. if you don't secure them properly a slap of that to the face might knock you out instantly

bn1966

Wish it was cold enough in the UK to warrant buying a B-3, wetsuit would be more appropriate at the moment :)

heron163

One of the Regulars
I am curious about the back... is it one piece or 3? I have a LW B-3 with one piece that after 20 years of use is still stiff as a board lol! I swear it must be bulletproof the collar appears to be twice the width of the McCoy’s. The straps appear equivalent. It is a 44 and even with a bulky sweater, large. My Perry mixed batch from Eastman is a size 42 and fits my now scrawny frame quite well. The collar seems equivalent although the straps are thinner. I have found the Japanese repro stuff from McCoy to be of impeccable quality...

Davidm

Familiar Face
toys mccoy doing amazing stuff, i tried a-2 once, well probably details are not really period correct, but quality was superb, i'd say i liked it more than RM.

Blackadder

Toys has its ups and downs. I have seen a few made in China items. I won't say the MIC items are of very poor quality (still better than RRL).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko