Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Traded: Adam Executive 7-1/2 LO

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
This is a recent acquisition from a local estate auction but is too large to fit my head. As such, I am currently entertaining trade offers only at this time. If a suitable trade is not proffered and agreed to this listing will be opened up for sale at some time on Tuesday, 09/17/19 (eastern USA).

And now the hat, an Adam Executive in size 7-1/2 long oval:
IMG_20190827_161121357.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1621.JPG

Specs:
2-3/4" Brim
5-3/4" Crown (open)
1-11/16" Ribbon
1/2" Brim Binding (symmetric)
5.3oz Weight
Beautiful hat in a medium brown color, with hints of chestnut in certain light. Overall condition is excellent. I have tried to identify a few very minor flaws as evidenced in the last two collage pictures. This consists of a slight rub spot, the shallowest of moth nibbles, and some verdigris marks which came from another hat in the lot. None of these detract from the hat in any way with regards to wearing as all are barely perceptible.

All in all this is a truly wonderful hat. I greatly wish it were my size as it is a showstopping piece. Alas, it is destined for someone else. Perhaps you? Look like an executive with this Adam Executive!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Can you give me your preferred size - a 7 1/4 hat won't fit a 7 3/8 head - and vice versa.

To say that a 7-1/4 won't fit a 7-3/8 and vice versa may be true for a custom hat, or a hat brand new out of the box. That being said, I don't own a custom nor brand new hat. I only have vintage hats in my collection and I've found that 7-1/4 or 7-3/8 fit since the hats seem to evolve over their 60+ years of history. I have a Punti size 5 Borsalino, which translates to a size 7-1/8, that fits as well. Some would contend that Borsalino's tend to run small on the whole, so go figure.

Since we're splitting hairs it also depends on my hair length. When it's longer 7-3/8 on average tends to fit a little better. When it's freshly cut 7-1/4 on average tends to fit a little better. So I figure I'm in between sizes and go for 7-1/4 or 7-3/8 when I'm looking for vintage hats. If I absolutely had to pick one size, I'll say 7-1/4 since I get my hair cut a bit more frequent than I used to in the past.

Can you give me your preferred size - a 7 1/4 hat won't fit a 7 3/8 head - and vice versa.

Hmmm. I regularly wear, and quite comfortably too, hats ranging from 7 1/2 long oval to 7 3/4. That’s three sizes (7 5/8 is in the middle). I have custom hats in two sizes that also fit quite well. Add in the odd Borsalino in sizes 7 7/8 to 8 that have also fit to perfection and I’ve given up on absolutes as far as what size hats will fit me. My measurements are 61.5cm long oval, but that only theoretically corresponds to a hat size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ