Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trail Ridge Project Hat

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
I happened across an old Dynafelt "Trail Ridge" at a thrift store the other day for under $10, and it was the exact color I wanted for my western (chocolate brown), but it was filthy, horrible bash (in my opinion, anyway), had too wide a brim, fit a bit snug, and had a deteriorating cloth sweat. This sounds like a lot wrong with it, but I decided it would be fun to mess with, and if it worked out, I'd have my first half-decent western. I just used a pot of boiling water and my own two hands for my own take on a pinched telescope.

Hopefully, my pathetic iPod-taken photos will be easy enough to decipher.

Before:
IMG_03881.jpg

After:
IMG_04101.jpg

Let me know what you think! Also, any info on the hat itself would be amazing. :)

EDIT: Here's one in black that I found on eBay... It seems highly overpriced. Anyway, there are more pictures, but it's the same hat, just a different color, and had colored feathers stuck in the ribbon. My sweat is actually worse... The liner is a tad beat up, but not badly.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-TRA...boy-Hat-Dynafelt-/400227264257#ht_3897wt_1163

Last edited:

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
It's looking like I'll pay about $15 for materials to fix it into exactly what I want, so slightly over $20 isn't that bad, I don't think...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn