Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker’s M/C Boots

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Walking down Jermyn Street in London I noticed these boots in theTricker’s shop window.

They were reduced to £195.00 and were a 91/2. Shortly after I was walking out the shop in them!

I normally take a 9 but these leave room for thick socks and look just the part on my old Norton. They remind me of ww2 dispatch rider boots.

James.

Peacoat

Bartender
I like them. Looks like they would stay on the event of a go down. And the straps on the legs can be cinched tight to keep the rain out. Some polo boots are made with the straps. A good find.

Rufus

Practically Family
Wow! Result there, James!

What model number are they?

Yours slightly green with envy..(and 9 1/2) ;-)

Rufus

Edward

Bartender
Ha, well, Rufus, you've inspired plenty of nvy in me with your Westways... ;)

Those Trickers are nice looking boots. I like the colour, a nice alternative to the regular black.

dit dah

One of the Regulars
Wonderful boots.

I'm a big fan of Trickers and have been waiting yonks to get a pair. I finally won a pair on Ebay which were delivered yesterday, and... they don't fit!

A lesson learnt. Buy from the shop. And the old gents in the London shop are splendid.

Love your boots James, and a bargain too.

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments chaps.

It’s going to be hard the first time I kick start my oily old bike in my nice new boots! Seems a shame but that’s what they are for.

Yes it is indeed a WW2 RAF Dispatch Norton, bit slow but lots of fun.

I’m also temped by the Lewis Westways (thanks to Rufus) which will go well on my 60s Triumph and my Lewis lightning. But there is that awkward feeling when your gear is all too new and you can feel self-conscious. Think I will wait till my Lightning is more run in so they both won’t look new!

Cheerio

James.

P.S Rufus: the Tricker’s have the numbers (written by hand) 865338 M6 920.

I think they may be unusual as I did a Google search on the M/C boots and nothing came up. They are not on the Tricker’s site. I remember the chap at Tricker’s saying that they had made too many in the 9 ½ and they were made for an Italian order.

Rufus

Practically Family
Thanks James..I might see if they have any more... They're beautiful!

The Westways break in quickly and look great. They are easily the most comfortable boots I own.
They'd look great with that bike of yours too! LOL

Creeping Past

One Too Many
That's a good find, James, and a really good price.

I gather from what you've said that they only have them in a 9.5, but I reckon it's worth my drifting past tomorrow to see whether they've got them in my size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran