Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trucker suggestions

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don’t own it so I couldn’t say. Of those who do here, some like it and others don’t, though that’s on an aesthetic basis. I don’t think anyone has complained that it’s fragile to wear.

MrProper

One last question. How would you describe their vegtan sheep? It looks beautiful, but is it tough/durable? I've always wondered about it, but didn't know if it would hold up to years of abuse.
I don't see what should contradict that. My green one seems a bit stiffer and thicker than my brown one, and even if a steer or horse seems sturdier, that doesn't make the veg sheep delicate.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
I don't see what should contradict that. My green one seems a bit stiffer and thicker than my brown one, and even if a steer or horse seems sturdier, that doesn't make the veg sheep delicate.
I suppose I could just apply that question to sheepskin in general. I love that green Lewis leather sheepskin I posted above, and I've always loved the shearling Outlaw vest from Aero and this from Thedi (see below). That said, I don't really have any reason for thinking that it looks delicate, but it just strikes me as something that would tear easy if you caught it on a rough edge. None of this is rational or backed up by anything other than my overactive imagination, of course. In other words, #science.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 3.21.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 3.21.44 PM.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 3.21.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 3.21.12 PM.png
    728 KB · Views: 69

MrProper

That said, I don't really have any reason for thinking that it looks delicate, but it just strikes me as something that would tear easy if you caught it on a rough edge.
No, definitely not. It would have to be a very sharp edge and that would also damage other leather. I have touched rough house walls with mine and don't spare them and so far I have no damage.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
How would you describe their vegtan sheep? It looks beautiful, but is it tough/durable? I've always wondered about it, but didn't know if it would hold up to years of abuse.
Nope, not tough or durable. It's thicker than your average lambskin jacket but abrasion resistance is similar, which means it isn't abrasion resistant at all.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

roltest

New in Town
I’m thinking it’s 2009 based on my conversations with the previous owner (but it could be 1999)—Schott’s tags only use a single digit designating the year, so the experts can narrow the date by looking at the buttons, lining and any interior tags—I’m no expert.

I do know that the guy hardly wore it—I’m still breaking it in. But even so, it’s supremely comfortable.

Knowing the quality of Schott’s jackets, I would assume that the new ones are made of excellent quality/weight leather. Perhaps someone on the forum will chime in with that info.

There’s a size L Schott Trucker for sale in the Toronto, Canada area… asking $320.00 cad—which is a great price.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-clothing-men/oakville-halton-region/leather-jacket-schott-usa/1646771047
Interesting. I’ve been looking for info on this jacket and came across a post in the Schott forum saying they were produced from 2004-2008.

https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/schott_100.htm

I don’t suppose you have photos of yourself wearing the jacket you can share?

Yango

One of the Regulars
Interesting. I’ve been looking for info on this jacket and came across a post in the Schott forum saying they were produced from 2004-2008.

https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/schott_100.htm

I don’t suppose you have photos of yourself wearing the jacket you can share?
Those dates are interesting, and there is absolutely no doubt that Gail knows Schott jackets—it was a huge loss when she passed.

The guy that I bought the jacket from did mention that he had it custom made (or customized) for him. He said something about the stitching (the thread is not black, like other Schott Truckers I’ve seen)—so perhaps this would explain the 2009 manufacture date. Schott may have used the discontinued 100 model at his request.

What ever the case may be, it’s a beautiful jacket.

Here’s some pics.
6FBB8C12-94C0-44FF-BA05-97BF77DAC76B.jpeg
F96A901C-BF02-4201-A100-DB906E34980A.jpeg
30DDBFE6-5CF2-47E7-B631-19EDB2A19130.jpeg
085DE75A-59D9-42DE-81B6-F755556FD1B0.jpeg
42135BC5-D48A-4C54-9BBA-EB74CA3FCEC0.jpeg

Last edited:

Stormlord

New in Town
I just got a Schott horsehide trucker, P620H from one of the forum members. It isn't too heavy and the horsehide looks great to me
View attachment 483800
Maybe it's a bit late, but can you offer some insights or experiences? I found very little about this jacket and this was one of my favorites for nearly a year or so... still being between two worlds (Aero and this schott) how is the fit, more slim? Movement okay? Thx

Jdixon1974

New in Town
Does anyone own the Iron Heart Split Steerhide trucker jacket? I know it deviates from the traditional trucker with it being a bit longer in the body and sleeves but curious how this black or brown suede/roughout leather looks after some wear.

Does anyone own the Iron Heart Split Steerhide trucker jacket? I know it deviates from the traditional trucker with it being a bit longer in the body and sleeves but curious how this black or brown suede/roughout leather looks after some wear.
Waste of money, buy the better jacket, the Schott rancher!
IMG_7999.jpeg

I don’t think there’s a better type 3 and rest assured, I’ve been looking. The IH by comparison, looks weak and costs 10X what you'll pay for a vintage rancher....
1709918846874.png

Jdixon1974

New in Town
Waste of money, buy the better jacket, the Schott rancher!
View attachment 597943
I don’t think there’s a better type 3 and rest assured, I’ve been looking. The IH by comparison, looks weak and costs 10X what you'll pay for a vintage rancher....
View attachment 597944
Thanks for the reply. The problem for me is, I have long arms. Schott's don't work for me unless I can order a 42 long and very few of their jackets are available in those sizes. Schott Large jackets are way to short in the sleeve and the XL is too big in the body. For some reason, the Iron Heart fits slim in the body and has really long sleeves. It's really my only option unless I start custom ordering jackets and I've had mixed results in the past. If the Schott fit me, I would do it as I'm a huge fan of Schott jackets.

Thanks for the reply. The problem for me is, I have long arms. Schott's don't work for me unless I can order a 42 long and very few of their jackets are available in those sizes. Schott Large jackets are way to short in the sleeve and the XL is too big in the body. For some reason, the Iron Heart fits slim in the body and has really long sleeves. It's really my only option unless I start custom ordering jackets and I've had mixed results in the past. If the Schott fit me, I would do it as I'm a huge fan of Schott jackets.

It's still too much money. It's just a split-suede jacket, no company has any right asking anything even remotely close to that sort of money for such a jacket, not to mention that the drop in quality compared to classic Schott trucker is sickening.
I've had a Schott trucker; It's a lifetime jacket and I'm talking hard, spent on the road kinda life here.

Iron Heart I've tried on in London, it's literally current Levi's grade; Not great, not terrible but the Made in India vibe was strong. And Levi's is where I'd turn to for a slimmer trucker with longer arms.

$1250 for that wonky IH jacket is an absolute, shameless rip-off and it absolutely isn't your only option. You'd make a smarter move by buying a trucker from one of those Pakistan / India / whatever sellers on eBay that make you a jacket per order and you'll get the same thing for 10x less money.

Jdixon1974

New in Town
It's still too much money. It's just a split-suede jacket, no company has any right asking anything even remotely close to that sort of money for such a jacket, not to mention that the drop in quality compared to classic Schott trucker is sickening.
I've had a Schott trucker; It's a lifetime jacket and I'm talking hard, spent on the road kinda life here.

Iron Heart I've tried on in London, it's literally current Levi's grade; Not great, not terrible but the Made in India vibe was strong. And Levi's is where I'd turn to for a slimmer trucker with longer arms.

$1250 for that wonky IH jacket is an absolute, shameless rip-off and it absolutely isn't your only option. You'd make a smarter move by buying a trucker from one of those Pakistan / India / whatever sellers on eBay that make you a jacket per order and you'll get the same thing for 10x less money.
Unfortunately the Levi's sleeves are not long enough for me. I'll investigate some of the ones from India on Ebay

Helix

Familiar Face
Unfortunately the Levi's sleeves are not long enough for me. I'll investigate some of the ones from India on Ebay
If you're considering the custom route again, have you looked at SOSO Custom Made Denim Co? They started as custom made jeans and expanded to jackets including leather. They make a Type II, Type III, and a Storm Rider among others.

Not as well known as the common brands and not totally cheap, but over the years the build quality has improved. I've only ordered jeans however and not tried a jacket. What I like about them is that you can tweak several of the measurements for a customized fit and there is a good selection of fabrics and materials. You can also contact the business owners for fitting advice and they are very responsive.

https://sosoclothing.se/custom-leather-jackets/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider