Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trying to identify combat trousers

chipuk

New in Town
Hi all

I need some help. I am trying to find some combat trousers I owned in about 1985. The reason being
were they were extremely comfortable and hard wearing and i liked the style.
I got them in an army surplus store (long gone!) and I am trying to find another pair.
I thnk they might have been m-1951 or m65 combat trousers but the ones i keep seeing dont seem
to be the same (or they could have been earlier)

they were o.d. 6 pockets, leg ties at the bottom, two snap buttons on each of the leg pockets
with drawstring inside, two front and two back pockets with press studs. Zip fly with small
cotton tag attached (to make pulling them easier)
They also had a winter lining which could be attached which was like towling one side
and poly cotton the other side.

Hope somebody can identify them and hopefully tell me where i can get some.

Paul

chipuk

New in Town
Thanks Feraud,

I read the link just before posting as I thought there was my answer already and waiting.:)

I have been searching through and cant seem to find the answer, hopefully somebody may know what they are.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like yours were definitely early M-51 combats.
Later ones just don't measure up. There are several "brands", which have been making exact copies of them for the last 10 years- so popular with modernyouth and marketable as new goods.

Good luck finding some old ones- but they are out there.

B
T

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Field trousers

Au contraire, BT mon brave,

I think we are discussing M-65 Field Trousers. They are much more common for a start. The 'drawstrings' on the pockets are actually 'idiot cords' (tapes actually). Not mentioned, but the 'give-away' would be the articulated knee.

Alan

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I recommend using the search feature to narrow down your topic.
Start by reading this thread. MrBern has a lot of knowledge in the field.

Nah, that thread has been on WWII wool trousers.
These are post war cotton trousers, before all that rip-stop cotton turned up...
I see a lot of skatepunks like them.
Dont most army navy stores have that stuff?

chipuk

New in Town
thanks for the replies guys,

I don't remember them having articulated knees,

does anybody have any pictures of the m-51 combat trousers.?

heres hoping.

they also had metal sliding adjusters for the waistband not buttons if that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace