Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tuck in your sweater

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Baron Kurtz said:
Hmmmm. Male cheerleader = campus hero? Methinks not.

Actually, male cheerleaders were well respected and did quite well with the ladies in the Golden Era, though their prestige faded by the 1960's.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Canadave said:
I guess...

[huh]

Seriously, it wasn't unusual for athletes from one sport to cheer on the athletes of another sport in their off season. Cheerleading was considered a leadership position on campus. Check this out.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
There's always the The Dover Boys.
http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/reviews/C/chuck-jones.html

chuck2.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The Hawk & Hyde Park

Matt Deckard said:
Leaving for colder climate again. Last year I had to take off to Chicago and since it was a leave now thing I wasn't totally ready for hanging outside Chicago University for a cab when Cabs don't frequent the place that late... so I froze. I was thawed out by a few friendly Students used to the climate, one wearing a shorter than the knee skirt.

The wind flies off Lake Michigan and slams the University of Chicago's
Hyde Park locale with a cold bite. Great elk hunting weather; without
elks of course, but you can't have everything. lol

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harp said:
The wind flies off Lake Michigan and slams the University of Chicago's
Hyde Park locale with a cold bite. Great elk hunting weather; without
elks of course, but you can't have everything. lol

That's because Lake Michigan is named after the state of Michigan.

Michigan is a land of evil.

Therefore Ohio is heaven. lol

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
knittingmag1940003.jpg

This would be a cooler look with pleated pants, methinks. i can't tuck in some of the thicker cotton knit sweaters- how do you do a tuck to keep it up while still preserving the higher waist?

carebear

Feraud said:
Thanks for pointing that out. I always learn something from your posts!

Those look like surplus-y military wool trou. Definitely outdoorsy. Would that make a difference in the fashion timeline?

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Well, not that I'm exactly the guy to go to for advice, but I'm clearly a tucker:

bink%20phone.jpg

Really it depends on the sweater. Those that work untucked go untucked, those that don't get tucked. Fine gauge sweaters are generaly tucked to keep the whole thing neater, too.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
If you tuck, y6ou need to really have your look down totally natural. The least bit of awkwardness in the rest of your ensemble - dumb hat, stain, thick specs, cheap shoes, embonpoint, whatever - will suddenly stand out like a neon sign and start flashing NERD NERD NERD.

carebear

It does depend on whether the sweater is designed as a top garment or not.

If you can tuck it, it's pretty much a woven shirt, not an actual outer garment to replace a coat or such. So I'd class sweaters based on intent.

My Irish fishermen's sweaters are oversized to go over all my other kit. I really don't need to wear much over them unless it's really windy or raining hard, for that I really just need a slicker. They won't fit under any of my suitcoats and I'm sure not going to be able to tuck them neatly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy