Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turquoise/Native American jewelry

The Navajo Arts and Crafts Guild members produced some wonderful pins and brooches. I have several and keep them pinned on my wooly jackets and vests. Here is one with an unusual and beautiful abstract rendering of a horse in motion.

nacg_horsepin_2.jpg

nacg_horsepin_3.jpg

nacg_horsepin_1.jpg

Stormy Mountain cabochon set on a heavy shank in a sawtooth bezel trimmed in silver rope by Robert Kelly. Minimal traditional stamping on the shank. Though I read the dimensions, I think I fell for the stone without giving a lot of thought to how big the ring actually is and it's substantial. According to the seller, ca. 70's-80's..

I bought the ring from Abby Kent Flythe and that conversation alone was worth the price of admission. We had a brief email conversation and negotiated a price. She left me her home # and asked me to call her in the evening to conclude the transaction. She conducts her sales over the phone; something I haven't done in some time. WE probably stayed on the phone for 15 minutes after our business was concluded. Such a fun person to do business with and a wealth of knowledge. We spoke about a number of her pieces and some upcoming. We spoke of a few artists including Michael Schmaltz, (member here) who she said now lives in KS. She keeps trying to talk him into making more rings. He's not doing a lot if any jewelry right now. I told her of the thread here on the lounge and suggested she might enjoy looking at some of the pieces displayed here. I told her I would send her a link to this thread and i need to remind myself to do that after this.

IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_E1780.JPG
IMG_E1793.JPG
IMG_E1796.JPG
IMG_E1784.JPG

Stormy Mountain cabochon set on a heavy shank in a sawtooth bezel trimmed in silver rope by Robert Kelly. Minimal traditional stamping on the shank. Though I read the dimensions, I think I fell for the stone without giving a lot of thought to how big the ring actually is and it's substantial. According to the seller, ca. 70's-80's..

I bought the ring from Abby Kent Flythe and that conversation alone was worth the price of admission. We had a brief email conversation and negotiated a price. She left me her home # and asked me to call her in the evening to conclude the transaction. She conducts her sales over the phone; something I haven't done in some time. WE probably stayed on the phone for 15 minutes after our business was concluded. Such a fun person to do business with and a wealth of knowledge. We spoke about a number of her pieces and some upcoming. We spoke of a few artists including Michael Schmaltz, (member here) who she said now lives in KS. She keeps trying to talk him into making more rings. He's not doing a lot if any jewelry right now. I told her of the thread here on the lounge and suggested she might enjoy looking at some of the pieces displayed here. I told her I would send her a link to this thread and i need to remind myself to do that after this.

View attachment 407647 View attachment 407648 View attachment 407649 View attachment 407650 View attachment 407651
That's a nice one, Cuz! A truly impressive looking piece.

AND, I can see from the last photo that your rabbit chasinghas been fairly successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points