Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tuscany in May

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
I am heading to Tuscany this May.

Objective: visit major art galleries, etc., and - hopefully - meet Bohemian, artsy-type women.

Planned outfit: Panama Hat, Linen shirts, pants, and jacket, Allen Edmonds loafers. Probably a rain coat and a heavier jacket - just in case. Maybe a linen newsboy instead of the Panama. Maybe walking shoes.

Itinerary is not set. I plan maybe 4 days each in Florence, Sienna, Lucca, and Corona, which is the small town where Under the Tuscan Sun was set and which is on a rail line. Time at each could vary by maybe plus or minus 2 days. Unfortunately, no auto tours of Tuscan countryside because - at $100/day plus gas - renting a car is too rich for my blood.

Getting laundry for the linen clothes would be important (wrinkles), but should not be a problem in cities such as Florence, Sienna, and Lucca ( I would think).

Comments? Suggestions?

Wine! Also Steak!

The area is shown in travel logs often as quite romantic. The red wines from this area are noted to be outstanding and there is a type of local cattle that is suppose to be one of the great beef steaks in the world. It would be very cool to do a motorcyle tour of the area. Pottery and tile work I think was also of note. Take some pictures and let it be La Dolce Vita this vacation.
:beer:
Bring both hats.

Sincerely,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner