Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twitch Sez

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Airpower and Wings have a website, which I have found. I may just contact them. We also have his DOB, from his profile.
Says something about him, how many people want to track him down.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Seeing his initial post in this very thread - also check the thread that Foofoogal inserted here on prostate exams and see his inputs.

Prayers and thoughts are with him wherever he is - these are the most adequate words to say.

We remember him and he is among us - even after 2 years and that way he is not lost.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Can't the bartenders access his real email address, used when he signed up? Maybe his email will include his name, or initials, or at least something that can be used to tell us about him? Would it hurt to try an email...?

This thread is without a doubt one of the most depressing things I've ever read. :( :( :(

To Twitch. If you're out there.

-dhermann1, what are the sites' addresses?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Sometimes I am completely brainless. I've sent off an email.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, which went right over my thick head.

(the email address offers no clues. Neither does his signup info. Neither does Googling the email address)

Adding: Not an immediate bounce

LaMedicine

One Too Many
scotrace said:
(the email address offers no clues. Neither does his signup info. Neither does Googling the email address)
There is a way to check the location at least. I believe the profile page for each user accessed from the mods' control panel lists the IP address. You can check the location from that through IP address search sites.

I noticed that his last login was early in January last year. I have always enjoyed his posts, and wherever he is now, I hope he is free from pain and suffering.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Because my mind is old fashioned and the printed page still means something to me....since you have a geographic area now...what about a short post in the personal classifieds of an LA newspaper?

IIRC, Twitch's disdain for "conventional" media exceeded even my own, though.

Still think the best way is to find out which magazine he submitted his unpublished article reposted here on HMS Glowworm to, and ask them to check their archives and see if they can attach a name to it.

Article title: "The Destroyer That Could". Google search only turns up the thread here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=315500&highlight=glowworm#post315500

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Not entirely unexpected...

Well, a search on his actual name produced something. It turns out that Jim passed on August 30, 2009.

A post here, and here.

Good night and God Bless. :cry: :(

Sincerely,

TM

A-List Customer
And a picture of Twitch from the last link above:

jimtittle.jpg

I never met Twitch, but I certainly liked and appreciated his posts.

Twitch, RIP

No doubt he's still posting somewhere.

Tony

HepKitty

One Too Many
reading his article, very interesting. and how sad that he had to leave, but at least we have some of his thoughts here. considering he's thought of highly here, I can't help but wonder what I missed by not knowing him. RIP Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn