Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Twitter?

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I am on twitter too. My agent see's all these things as a good thing. I can say I have gotten to meet a lot of people from these sites and some gigs as well.
Also there are 2 other Chad Sanborns in the world, so I try to stay ahead of them.

www.twitter.com/chadsanborn

I don't update a lot but try to at least once a day. If I have something fun going on, then I do it more.

Feraud

Bartender
Thanks to a lack of common sense cities will have to legislate the use of cell phones while driving.

Life has apparently become one never ending conversation..

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I think Twitter -can- be useful.

Alas, I also think that the vast majority of people, do not have anything nearly interesting enough to say in 120 characters.

This renders them thinking they need to say -something-...and so we hear about what they had for lunch.....etc.

The sad truth is that most of us are just 'not that interesting'.....

anon`

One Too Many
I am one of the biggest geeks I know and I still cannot fathom Twitter, or why anyone would want to waste their time with it.

But then again, I can't even remember to add the interesting bits to Facebook... I'd probably suffer the extintifying effects of social Darwinism within a generation or two on something like Twitter!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Certainly the commercial application is, but socially I just don't see it. [huh]

oh trust me...as a social tell my freinds what i am doing thing...I do not get it either....

and I have a livejournal and now friends on there...just post their twitters of the day because its what...too difficult to actually make a whole journal entry in full sentences?

Trust me...no one but -you- care that you just had tuna for lunch. Unless you were in a fab new sushi restaurant, and then I want a FULL review, not just 120 characters.

It makes me want to tell them all to 'use their words' ;)

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
I tweet. I guess that makes me a twit :)

I just recently joined the fad. At first I didn't do much with it, but it has actually put me in contact with some friends from the past. I mainly update from my blackberry, which also allows me to keep in contact with facebook. Yes, it's pointless...but I enjoy it, so why not? I have found out little bits of knowledge about people that keep life interesting. I very much enjoy updates.

I just know to be careful. There have been several stories of people losing their jobs over twitter and facebook. I've also known at least two people to get jobs because of twitter.

At any rate, I'm content for now. To each his/her own. I enjoy sharing random, pointless bits of life with others and reading their own.

No one cares what I do. I don't participate in twitter because I think anyone is interested in what I'm doing...frankly I'm boring and don't have much of anything to add. But it's a release for me...I toss my 140 character sentence or two up during the day and read a bit here and there. Some reply to me, most of the time I'm tweeting to the internet with no listeners and that's okay with me. My blog functions in much the same way.

I don't let twitter, facebook, myspace or anything like that interfere with my social interaction. Most of the time if I need to talk to someone, I call them or see them in person. The few times I don't, it usually means I'm emailing my roller derby league, as email is a good way to communicate en masse. I do not text or anything. But for distances, these social networking sites are great for keeping in touch IMHO.

I guess I'll continue to be a twit. :D

Charlie Noodles

A-List Customer
When I heard about twitter I thought it sounded quite stupid. But people talking about it has made me curious enough to have a look. It seems to be fairly dull (slightly duller now that I'm there).

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I don't understand the hoopla, it reminds me of pager code and having to decypher numbers/texts and put them into context that might not exist.I'm forgetfull enough for something like twitter to come in handy while out and about, but chances are I'd forget to update it, or that I even had an account... much like I just now remembered I signed up for facebook:eusa_doh: and that needs to be deleted tomorrow.

*note to self* sign up for Twitter to remind self to delete facebook page, then to delete Twitter account, but in that order.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
It wouldn't make sense for me to be on twitter. I'm only ever on the computer at home and what boring update those would be!

4:36 "I'm sitting on the couch"
4:41 "Still on the couch"
5:01 "The cat jumped on the couch"
5:02 "She jumped off"

Havana Joe

Familiar Face
Foofoogal said:

That was hilarious!

I tried having a myspace account, but it was sort of creepy, so I deactivated it.

I tried facebook and started getting a bunch of contacts-some of them were old high school acquaintances. I started to hear that "blank just had a sandwich", "blank was watching show x", and then there were the "blank sent you" some kind of electronic drink, action figure, etc.
I was dumbfounded at the sheer inanity of it, wondered "who gives a %#$&?!" and canceled that account.

Now there's twitter. That little cartoon basically hits the nail on the head.

I understand there is some usefulness to twitter, but I just can't fathom, or stomach, it. Again, I can't help but think "who gives a @#%&?!"

It's not a problem with technology, just some people's apparent need for their fifteen seconds of fame every other minute, every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy