Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two tone trojan

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thats the one, its only 20 or 21 inches long in the back....I just couldn't do it

Much shorter than I would have thought.,, it's clearly a challenge.
Yet having seen your fit pics (not on this one, but other jackets), I feel it would look good on you.

Of course everybody around you would probably tell you it's too short, got that on my end :D

dannyk

One Too Many
Thanks for sharing your experience! How do you find elk compared to these other leathers? I don't think I have ever touched anything made of elk hide
Elk is more akin to horse I would say. When it comes to jackets that is. It’s thicker than deer, but thinner than bison or moose. But stronger than deer or bison but not as strong as moose. Wow that sounded like a bunch of malarkey ha. In my experience and in talking to my uncle who’s been doing this for 30 years his preferred hide is elk. It’s easier to manage, decent water resistance which still has more to do with how it’s finished or waxed though, and just as strong as bison. He’s just found similar to jackets a lot of people get obsessed with how thick something feels even if something thinner is just as strong or stronger. Deer would be entry level, then elk and bison about equal, with moose being top end out of those hides. Obviously theirs stuff made from
Kangaroo, shark, elephant and so on which that’s a different game all together. I just know I would love a jacket in this style made from moose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran