Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Vintage Goatskins on ebay

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

1654129513093.jpeg

1654129647908.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The lining on that jacket is the icing on the inside of the cake. I am always drawn to "fancy lined" jackets. Yes, this jacket could be sewn best by someone with sewing skills, understands what you want done and how. This jackets were often home repaired. This one looks as though it was retired as it got worn. These linings were often fairly delicate, the leather is a lighter weight. Yes, perfect for California weather. This jacket was probably made and sold in California, the other Aviator I just sold is also going to LA. They were quite happy with their purchase as was I. No idea where they will go next other than Up in Price..lol I move jackets because I'm always buying jackets. I'm busy at both ends. I have two coming in the mail. One will be sold, Cafe Racer. The other is for the shelf.

This jacket is pure 40s, the correct Talon 40s zipper, gathered sides, back half-belt, goatskin hide. Goat was very popular in the 30s and 40s for all style of leather outerwear. The gathered sides begin in this time; could be a reaction to metal shortage WWII? Not every jacket during this time is made this way, the strap and buckle continued into the 50s. I have examples of both I just realized.

That is my pedigree statement on the jacket. also; not uncommon to lack a label, all the makers sold jackets this way

Leatherbirdsoul

One of the Regulars
Thank you for the background history, to set the jacket in a specific era.

I will search for an experienced seamstress to ensure the repair is done properly.

And it is fun that both of these goat jackets ended up in Los Angeles. Where the lighter weight is a big plus.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Man would I love to get a 30s goatskin Aviator. Those jackets are all really beautiful and would really work nicely in Hawaii, in a size 46 vintage?

Nice pickup!@!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda