Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U.S. Border Patrol leather jacket

thor

One Too Many
Just picked up this nice black leather Border Patrol uniform jacket from the 'Bay for under a hundred bucks. It's brand new/never worn and was marked as a size Large Long (about a 46 L). Made by VF Imagewear who make uniforms for commercial and industrial companies. Leather is thick and grainy cowhide and the knits are wool. Heavy duty number 10 brass zip. The quality and workmanship is outstanding (I'd say about par with Schott or G&B). From what I could research, the Border Patrol issued these in the 1990's to early 2000's timeframe but these are now no longer part of their official uniform. I've seen some in brown as well as black and most were marked as goatskin but the label on this one states cowhide (and made in USA!).

Attachments

• IMG_4809.JPG
    IMG_4809.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 1,586
  • IMG_4932.JPG
    IMG_4932.JPG
    330.7 KB · Views: 1,160

thor

One Too Many
Afew more pics showing the nice grainy leather and some details: two-way pockets, bi-swing back with gussets, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_4933.JPG
    IMG_4933.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_4934.JPG
    IMG_4934.JPG
    372.3 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_4935.JPG
    IMG_4935.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 921

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Great find,Thor. Are you thinking to sell or is this a keeper for now?
That it was so new is truly amazing. Well done.

thor

One Too Many
Great find,Thor. Are you thinking to sell or is this a keeper for now?
That it was so new is truly amazing. Well done.
This one's definitely a keeper. It's the only black leather jacket in my arsenal and it fits me like a bespoke jacket. Also, at my job as a passenger vessel boat captain it lends itself well to that professional uniform appearance :D

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
This one's definitely a keeper. It's the only black leather jacket in my arsenal and it fits me like a bespoke jacket. Also, at my job as a passenger vessel boat captain it lends itself well to that professional uniform appearance :D
That sounds like a cool job, I hope they don't replace you with a robot. I don't have one of these jackets but I see them pop up on e-bay regularly and they look like a really practical variation on the traditional A2/ANJ3 flight jacket configuration. Well done! Looks like many years of enjoyment ahead of you. I'm envious!

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Dude, are you a NY harbor booze cruise captain? Water taxi? That would be a sweet gig

Edward

Bartender
Nice. Reminiscent of the civilianised 'bomber' jackets of the fifties, as well as certain Schott models. Good fit on you too.

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
I pilot a big old ferryboat. Most days it's the best job in the world, but then there's fog or ice or nor'easters or Sully crash landing a US Airways jet into the Hudson. Then it gets exciting!

Sounds pretty cool. I live in Brooklyn, work in Newport NJ. I watch the boats go by all day and sometimes wonder what it would be like to work on one (wearing a leather jacket while doing so, obviously). Seems great to be on the water.

Peacoat

Bartender
I pilot a big old ferryboat. Most days it's the best job in the world, but then there's fog or ice or nor'easters or Sully crash landing a US Airways jet into the Hudson. Then it gets exciting!
Yes, I would imagine Captain Sullenberger putting it down in the Hudson would engender a certain level of excitement!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Ah so... the Captain has a new coat! Great score. Glad you like it. Wear it with pride. I, probably like everyone here, never knew the BP wore leather jackets.

Worf

JVanBro

Familiar Face
Great jacket and easy on the budget. Oh hell now I've got to follow the maker name on the bay. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
This may seem an odd question, but what's the inside pocket config like? Just a couple of small inside pockets, or a full array of storage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider