Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

U. S. Wings sale

griffer

Practically Family
I got an email. They said they didn't have anything except an A2 in 2XL.

Considering I am a 44R, I don't think they read my email very closely. I wear a large in US Wings.

I think I'll just call.

griffer

Practically Family
Naw, it'd never work. They'd see through my charade, call me a 'gal-dang'd-no-good-lying-carpet-bagger', tar and feather me and run my outta town on a rail.

I am doomed never to have a US Wings leather.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I just received this email:

Hello M,

We are sorry for all the confusion. Please post this information. Currently we are answering all email as quickly as possible. Due to the overwhelming response we have received, it is taking us longer than the 24 hour normal reply. Once your email is replied and we let you know whether we have the item requested in stock, we then ask you to call in with your order... we are getting orders from all over the World!! The good news is that 99.9% of these jackets are not 2nds and people are going nuts over them!!!!

Sarge

Regards! Michaelson

griffer

Practically Family
WOO HOOO!

Fate has smiled upon me! Even a little speck like me occasionally gets a bone.

I spoke to them directly and they were very nice and went directly into the sotck to see what they had in my size.

I got a large, vintage cowhide Indy for $80. YAY!

I asked her to look the jacket over, she said it was perfect, but it was in their seconds clearance because it was a Chinese assembled jacket.

This is even better than the Sportsmansguide goatskin that got away, this is the vintage one i really wanted. I have ogled this jacket for years, but I couldn't jsutify the 300+.

This one better fit. Should get it next week sometime.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I have one of the vintage cowhide Chinese contract jackets. It's one of the most comfortable jackets I own.:)

Regards! Michaelson

Duck

Practically Family
Yes, call them!!

I got an email stating that they didn't have any my size, but I called and now I have an Indy goatskin on the way!!!:eusa_clap
Can't wait for it to arrive, but it will be too hot to wear it anyway.[huh]

Feraud

Bartender
Some of you fellas are making out like bandits!

Be sure to post pictures. Members' pictures are usually better than what is provided on most websites.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I'm actually getting a bit PO'd about this thread.

For a number of years I have wanted an Indy jacket. Now, they are selling for $80...

And I just blew my money on some vintage sunglasses.

:rage: :rage: :rage: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Hello Scott,
You would need size XL in our jackets, unfortunately, we are sold out of
that size in the Indy jackets.
Thank you,
www.uswings.com

XL sizes are always too big on me now. Maybe I should just drive up there.

griffer

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Hello Scott,
You would need size XL in our jackets, unfortunately, we are sold out of
that size in the Indy jackets.
Thank you,
www.uswings.com

XL sizes are always too big on me now. Maybe I should just drive up there.

I got the same reply, but when i called in and spoke to Tina I described my sizes and she said a large was appropriate for the Indy. Then she 'hooked me up'.

I had the opportunity to try on the Chinese built (which is what they are dumping) XL when I ordered it before giving it to my Dad. It was TOO BIG. long in the sleeves, baggy in the shoulders, more than enough room in the waist.

Call them, sir, call them.

They finally responded to my email at 5:17 a.m. today West Coast time, saying they had a lamb Indy in XL. Good, thought I.
I tended to some necessary stuff and called 'em back at around 11 a.m. The only remaining XL in the seconds inventory was a goat A-2, the gal said. Not my first choice, but I ordered it anyway. And yes, it's one of those Chinese jobs.
It's hard to go wrong at the price, I suppose. But just how big is their Chinese XL, Griffer? Might it be too large for a six-foot-tall guy who weighs in at just under 200 lbs? (I haven't weighed this little in at least 25 years, and I'm determined to drop another 25 lbs before I call it good. Any specualtion as to how loose it might be then?)
For whatever it's worth, I once owned a goat A-2 (an Avirex, I think it was) that I eventually gave to a friend, a somewhat stockier guy, because it was just plain too short for me. It fit well enough across the shoulders and around the waist, but I always felt like tugging the thing down over my belt.
Better it be too large than too small, but a close approximation of a good fit would be nice for a change.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Just to stick my nose in here...I'm 6 feet 1 1/2 inch tall, just over 200 lbs, and own a Chinese contract vintage cowhide in Large. It fits me perfectly, so there's that data point for you to mull over.

Regards! Michaelson

Thanks Michaelson. That's good to know. Maybe I'm just oddly proportioned. I often come across sport jackets at my favorite charity thrift shop that fit in the shoulders and the waist and the sleeves but the bodies are just a skosh too short.

griffer

Practically Family
I should just put all this in my profile.

• I am right around 6'.
  • Moderate to broad build.
  • Weiging in at 210-215.
  • I wear a 44R, 16.5 neck 34-36" sleeve.
  • Blond hair
  • Hazel eyes.
  • Smoke/Drink: Yes/Yes
  • I enjoy long walks in the rain and snuggling naked in snake pits.

Their sizing chart, I believe, is just wrong; they wanted to put me in 2XL A-2. Their Chinese XL Indy was too large on me. Michaelson backs me up on this.

I have been a 44R off the rack since college. I have rarely gotten in to the 46 range, although I have let myself go a bit. I am thicker around the middle then I want to be, but I want the jacket to 'fit' in the arms, chest and shoulders.

I'd say you are a large.

Thanks, Griffer. If that XL was too large for you, the XXL they wanted to sell you might be just the thing for keeping the Vespa dry.
Seeing how scotrace just confirmed that they're out of just about everything, I'm left to hope the XL will fit.
It isn't entirely wishful thinking that it will. These days I fit best in a 46L jacket and a 17 1/2-inch collar shirt, which would seem a bit on the large side for most guys of my height and weight.
And if it doesn't fit, well, I guess I'll get to make another friend happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo