Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UFOs and WWII

filfoster

One Too Many
Accepting the plausibilty of the 'bell' project and whatever happened to it postwar, the foo fighters are all the less likely to have been anything terrestrial. They exhibited performance and maneuverability beyond anything the bad guys were capable of at the time, by any propulsion method, certainly not rockets-the Me 163 would have been the closest thing they had, and relatively 'conventional'. Certainly looks like these were 'probes' from somewhere without a land line connection.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Yahootie

Some of this is nothing more then people hearing about a project and then embellishing it, until it is beyond belief! For instance, the Philadelphia experiment, that comes from Project Yahootie during WWII. This was where the US Navy tried to make ships invisible to the naked eye. They succeeded to make TBM Avengers invisible! Before you get on your key boards listen. What they did was put lights all along the leading edges of the wings and cowlings, then with a rheostat, they could tune the lights, and make the TBM blend in with the sky! Off course you could still hear the engine, and radar made the hole thing moot any way! But you can see how one person talking to another and another, and the next thing you know a ship is disappearing and reappearing some where else.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Some yes, then on the other hand you have credible people saying the opposite. I guess you pick who you want to believe, the government or eyewitnesses.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Roswell is a good example. Remember the original statement from the Army? How awkward!

Recently there was a Washington Press Box meeting with a dozen or so ex- Air Force officers that gave the low down on all of this. It didn't get much press, but that's no surprise. We all know that these things are out there, weather or not they're alien or not who knows but the constant denial by the government would lead me to think there's a reason they don't want this out. Now if they spent so much effort in covering this up, who knows what to believe. Nazi's in Antarctica, the bell, the Philadelphia Experiment, you could go on and on. None of it's very likely but that does not mean none of it's true.

filfoster

One Too Many
Recently there was a Washington Press Box meeting with a dozen or so ex- Air Force officers that gave the low down on all of this. It didn't get much press, but that's no surprise. We all know that these things are out there, weather or not they're alien or not who knows but the constant denial by the government would lead me to think there's a reason they don't want this out. Now if they spent so much effort in covering this up, who knows what to believe. Nazi's in Antarctica, the bell, the Philadelphia Experiment, you could go on and on. None of it's very likely but that does not mean none of it's true.

Can you get a link to that Washington Press Box story? Can't Google it....

Blackjack

One Too Many
It seems that the CNN video has been taken down...again. Im sure you will find this one interesting enough though. Canadian defence minister Paul Hellyer giving a speech recently on the same subject...
[video=youtube;9fu-eo2TZT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fu-eo2TZT4[/video]

Story

I'll Lock Up
Twitch woulda appreciated this one...

Sonar scans show that 'UFO' at bottom of Baltic sea may actually be a top-secret Nazi anti-submarine defence lost since the Second World War

Object is raised about 10 to 13ft above seabed and curved at the sides like a mushroom
World War II expert says object may be Nazi anti-submarine weapon
Wire meshes could be used to baffle submarine radar and make them crash
Area vital to German war machine
Object has wire meshes - which could explain why dive team's equipment failed
Divers say phones and some cameras switch off when close to the object

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...r-weapon-lost-World-War-II.html#ixzz20QnoCtyB

Also, a better write-up http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/328411

Last edited:

TomS

One Too Many
Gordon Cooper, one of the original Mercury Astronauts, has publicly stated on several occassions that he saw Foo Fighters / UFOs over Europe while flying an F-86 Sabrejet in the early 50s. Additionaly, he claimed sightings during the Apollo and Shuttle programs. Although not in relation to Foo Fighters, Apollo Astronaut Edgar Mitchell also claims to have seen UFOs.

A quick search of the internet will certainly provide interviews of both of these men making their claims.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Nazis weren't doing space research in the forties.... their best rocket scientists were not secretly smuggled out of Germany and into the US at the end of the war.... they did not develop space ships that went to the moon in the sixties and seventies.... this line of research was not continued to the present day.... there is no such thing as UFOs and anybody who believes there is some big international conspiracy is nuts.

It seems like your only choices these days are tinfoil or koolaid.

Last edited:
Nazis weren't doing space research in the forties.... their best rocket scientists were not secretly smuggled out of Germany and into the US at the end of the war.... they did not develop space ships that went to the moon in the sixties and seventies.... this line of research was not continued to the present day.... there is no such thing as UFOs and anybody who believes there is some big international conspiracy is nuts.It seems like your only choices these days are tinfoil or koolaid.
No, you can keep an open mind. I do. I'm not sure what above is your opinion or a quote from somewhere else, but I do not believe much of it to be true. That is, I disagree with what you posted above.

TomS

One Too Many
Nazis weren't doing space research in the forties.... their best rocket scientists were not secretly smuggled out of Germany and into the US at the end of the war.... they did not develop space ships that went to the moon in the sixties and seventies.... this line of research was not continued to the present day.... there is no such thing as UFOs and anybody who believes there is some big international conspiracy is nuts.

It seems like your only choices these days are tinfoil or koolaid.

I don't speak in absolutes on this subject. There are certainly a lot of nuts associated with it, but there are also some fairly believeable folks as well.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
No, you can keep an open mind. I do. I'm not sure what above is your opinion or a quote from somewhere else, but I do not believe much of it to be true. That is, I disagree with what you posted above.

It was supposed to be funny. A satire of the "anti conspiracy" debunkers who like to sneer at anything not endorsed by the mass media.

For the younger crowd, there actually were scientists working on rockets and space flight as far back as the 1920s. The Nazis actually did employ some of their best scientists to develop rockets. They actually did use them to bomb London during WW2. At war's end they actually were working on a rocket powerful enough to bomb New York City from Germany.

The US Army actually did round up these German scientists and bring them to the US in a secret operation known as Operation Paperclip. They actually did go to work for a government agency called NASA, which actually did develop space rockets, including some capable of taking men to the moon and bringing them home safely. NASA still exists and none of the old time rocket scientists were ever seen in unemployment lines so presumably the same scientists, or their successors, are still working on some kind of advanced aircraft.

But that's not a conspiracy.

^^That last sentence is more satire. But the rest of it is mostly true.

Last edited:
To think we're the only ones in the universes is drinking kool-aid of another flavor, IMO.

Yet another version really could be true. That there is really no other advanced 'lifeform' coming to save us..or destroy us. That the dreamlike phantom mirages always of non public mass contact are just that...or something else entirely. Unidentified..allows imagination to run wild. Perhaps we are not alone as far as life goes in the universes...but is it really too unrealistic or conceited to suggest that we most likely are the 'advanced'..? Which flavor tastes the best.....:D[huh]

Yet another version really could be true. That there is really no other advanced 'lifeform' coming to save us..or destroy us. That the dreamlike phantom mirages always of non public mass contact are just that...or something else entirely. Unidentified..allows imagination to run wild. Perhaps we are not alone as far as life goes in the universes...but is it really too unrealistic or conceited to suggest that we most likely are the 'advanced'..? Which flavor tastes the best.....:D[huh]
Don't know. I usually worry about being eaten by aliens after watching horror movies! Or, in dreams. Mainly, I think we'll be destroyed in part by other humans, not aliens. I am one that stays up late at night listening to Coast To Coast to hear stories and theories. Mucho fun for me. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24