Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UGG boots..ok for men??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormosporter

Banned
I just bought a pair of UGG boots, there super comfortable, warm, and give me a little nostalgia from my surf rat days.
Pic here.
Problem is, I'm getting sh!t from friends that only chicks can wear them... Blah, blah. I could care less, but I'm curious.. Any guys here wear them? Or am I stupid and misguided, and going to have people pointing and laughing all winter?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I wear ugg-boots and I'm a guy.

But I wear them at home, indoors, at night, when it's cold and my feet need warming.

Any other circumstance? Absolutely not. And CERTAINLY NEVER OUTSIDE IN PUBLIC.

irvinsuit

Familiar Face
Hi there, I own many pairs of Uggs and I wear them inside and out. I don't care what other people think because how I look is my agenda and no one else's. I dare to be different and I know that being different gets you noticed. Uggs ROCK !!!!

Edward

Bartender
I would willingly lose my feet to frostbite first. I don't think they're for ladies only.... No civilised person should consider them, gender being irrelevant to that.;)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
They look horrible. I hate them and cannot understand how people pay this money for something so badly made. Its essentially sheepskin-ish skin sewn together badly with rubber attached to the bottom.

My girlfriend got a pair and while they were comfy and warm, they loose their form very fast and look extremely shabby after just a few months of wear in the snow. After the second winter they disintegrated, the seems went up, actually the needleholes went up and I tried to sew it back together wich worked for some weeks but then they were just garbage.

If tempted, dont look at pictures or new ones, look at people outside walking in them, they are scewed and look bad.

If I were to get a pair it would be something like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Ugg-Butte-Boots-/220897836321?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item336e897d21

But then, they dont even look like the uggs we know so one might aswell get something else.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
I've seen some male surfers wear them after coming out of the water, other than that I've never seen a man wearing them and I think it would look similar to a man wearing high heels, to me they are clearly women's boots (and ugly women's boots at that).

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Some of the men's boots look okay. I don't like the white soles at all. And I don't know about their quality. I also don't buy things just because 'everyone else' is buying them, especially if it's a 'fad item' company, even if it's one trying to expand.

Last edited:

Philalethes

A-List Customer
I agree it smells like Spam, but it is nonetheless an interesting topic.

Maybe, just maybe, men could wear Uggs, if they don't leave the house in them...

For women I think they are fine, when worn properly: preferably as slippers, not normal boots - and under the pants, not over.

BTW, I did some interesting research on UGGs when looking for some for my wife. 'UGG' has been trademarked in the U.S. by a company that, if memory serves me correctly, started in California. This company now produces its shoes under the UGG brand in China. 'Ugg' is a generic name for these boots in Australia: trademarking the name would be like trademarking 'laptop'. So there is a dispute whereby Australian producers of Uggs can't sell them in the U.S. under that name - if you can find Australian-made Uggs in the U.S. at all - and Australians who have been making these boots have been stiffed out of the market by an American/Chinese company. Totally immoral.

If you want to buy real Uggs, spend the extra money for shipping and buy from an Australian company like Aussie Sheep & Wool Products (which has great customer service).

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Up here in Redneckville USA, a due wearing UGGs is either going to get an ass whooping or asked for a date by Joey-Jim Bob. Well, I guess an ass whooping either way really.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted

I agree it smells like Spam, but it is nonetheless an interesting topic.
OK, but generally it's not good to feed trolls and spammers.

Hoping not to loose my Man Card over this but........I was gifted a pair in the 80s when they were the rage in Aspen for après-ski wear. Actually quite comfortable after being in ski boots all day. I believe I left them with the woman that gave them to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass