Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UGLY TIE CONTEST: $500 PRIZE

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Me either. Anyone who has such "ugly ties" can send them along to me. I'll take them off your hands. No questions asked. ;)
I really need to photograph that ugly 70s tie I have around someplace. That thing would win hands down. Its like a slice into taking LSD without the drugs. :p

It's not ugly to me, either. It's won a couple of ugly tie contests in the past, though. One, at a video store, I won a life-size cardboard cut-out of the Bob Hoskins character from Roger Rabbit. I wonder what happened to that........[huh]

Quigley Brown said:
It's not ugly to me, either. It's won a couple of ugly tie contests in the past, though. One, at a video store, I won a life-size cardboard cut-out of the Bob Hoskins character from Roger Rabbit. I wonder what happened to that........[huh]

For that to win an ugly tie contest, the competition must have been pretty mundane.
This would beat it hands down:
vintage_ties_130_thumb200.JPG

These guys at the Society for Ugly Neckwear have that one beat too:
uPAplJBNkecvukij9vB3RZ6to1_500.jpg

:D

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
Could you post a pic of this tie to remind me which one it was? I have quite a few crippled amoeba ties! shakeshead

bk

///////\\\\\\\\\edit: FOUND IT on photobucket. Here goes, gents: uglalicious. Baron has this one now. It was burning an ugly hole in my hands. But he, no doubt, has the class and style that I do not have, and makes it work. On me it just looked like _______.

DSCF2870.jpg

DSCF2829.jpg

(Note the latter photo: tie is against drawing my daughter made at 1 year of age.)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
These guys at the Society for Ugly Neckwear have that one beat too:
uPAplJBNkecvukij9vB3RZ6to1_500.jpg

:D

I would wear the one on the left. It would go with a tattoo I have on my left elbow which is a spade in the playing card sense of "spade," not in either of the other two senses of "spade."

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Those Society for Ugly Neckware ties are definitely worth an honorable mention. But I have at least one that's a real retina immolator. I guess I'll have to dig it out and post it.
Watch this space.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
One man's retina immolator is another man's garish but in a charming way.
When I was in "The Time of Your Life" last year (no, it was 2008. . . whatever), one of my fellow cast members who played a psychotic ba***rd killer cop used it. He said it helped him get into his character. :)

dhermann1 said:
One man's retina immolator is another man's garish but in a charming way.
When I was in "The Time of Your Life" last year (no, it was 2008. . . whatever), one of my fellow cast members who played a psychotic ba***rd killer cop used it. He said it helped him get into his character. :)

Must have been the red/blue fire stripes that inspired him. :D

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Oh, I wish I could find some of the wretched ties I had thirty-odd years ago. I believe I boxed them up before I moved seven years ago and I never unpacked them. It may take some time, but I might find them. I had some truly putrid examples that would put any ties I've seen so far on this thread to shame...

KilroyCD said:
Oh, I wish I could find some of the wretched ties I had thirty-odd years ago. I believe I boxed them up before I moved seven years ago and I never unpacked them. It may take some time, but I might find them. I had some truly putrid examples that would put any ties I've seen so far on this thread to shame...

That would be about the right age for ugly ties. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner