Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UGLY TIE CONTEST: $500 PRIZE

ties08.jpg

A whole bevy of ugly. Gee, I wonder why it didn't get one bid. :rolleyes:

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The light blue one on the top row is particularly barfy.

What did you set as your minimum?

I need to sell some stuff on eBay. I have a 48L black (modern) suit, uncut cuffs, that I got years ago, still in plastic, for example ....

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
All this ugliness is inspiring!

Gives me an idea. Why not have our own ugly tie contest? Limit it to say,...50 entrants. Judging by an independent panel of 3 bartenders. Winner gets all the ugly. :eek:
(Ties that is.)
What do y'all think?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Gives me an idea. Why not have our own ugly tie contest? Limit it to say,...50 entrants. Judging by an independent panel of 3 bartenders. Winner gets all the ugly. :eek:
(Ties that is.)
What do y'all think?

If the bartenders truly attempted to be impartial, yes.

What would the reward be?

Feraud

Bartender
dhermann1 said:
When I was in "The Time of Your Life" last year (no, it was 2008. . . whatever), one of my fellow cast members who played a psychotic ba***rd killer cop used it. He said it helped him get into his character. :)
lol Yes I can see that happening! lol

Doran said:
The light blue one on the top row is particularly barfy.

What did you set as your minimum?

I need to sell some stuff on eBay. I have a 48L black (modern) suit, uncut cuffs, that I got years ago, still in plastic, for example ....

Oh, I didn't try to sell these. It was someone else but I have tried to sell skinny ties and 70s ties for as low as 99 cents for 6 or 8. What did I get 99 cents or nothing. :p
The blue is barfy but the two on the bottom row far right are pretty bad too.:rolleyes:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Doran said:
///////\\\\\\\\\edit: FOUND IT on photobucket. Here goes, gents: uglalicious. Baron has this one now. It was burning an ugly hole in my hands. But he, no doubt, has the class and style that I do not have, and makes it work. On me it just looked like _______.

DSCF2870.jpg

DSCF2829.jpg

(Note the latter photo: tie is against drawing my daughter made at 1 year of age.)

Doran, no offense, but I believe that if one million monkeys coming off of a 7 day sugar binge were locked in one room and given one million crayons, for one million years, they could not produce something as hideous as that tie.

...I said no offense, right...?

shakeshead

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Here is a lot that I sold on Ebay for 1 whole cent:
!Bs!49IQB2k~$(KGrHqQH-DgEvEl43qCYBL2JDFbe7!~~_35.JPG

Gee, I wonder why it went for so little. :p

I dunno,..I'da given you a nickle for the one on the far left. :) Just goes to show,...next time I want to unload some ugly ties I will check here first.

Maj.Nick Danger said:
I dunno,..I'da given you a nickle for the one on the far left. :) Just goes to show,...next time I want to unload some ugly ties I will check here first.

lol Good idea but i doubt you will find many takers for 70s ties around here.
The second from the far right is truly ugly. I wouldn't want to insult anyone here by oferring it for sale in the classifieds. I suppose I could have listed them as ties for the Ugly Tie Contest. :p

cptjeff

Practically Family
Maj.Nick Danger said:
(Ties that is.)
What do y'all think?

I would have to decide between my peacock feather/vomit cross or the skinny 50's poly woodgrain I have.

edit: I decided that this should not be left without a photo. Here are my contenders. One is from a respected modern designer.

P1010271.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot