Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UK contact for jacket restoration, knit part replacement etc... Great work by Jules Bloom!!!

Brettafett

One Too Many
I've just received my Star G-1 back from having the knit parts replaced (I supplied the knit parts in this case), and the gentleman who did the work, Jules Bloom, did an amazing job. I'm very pleased.
He is an avid USN jacket fan and occasionally has jackets for sale also. He knows his stuff.

Prices are reasonable for the quality of the work. He charges about the same as Donna Howard and Aeroleather, but the turn around was quick, under a week and the work itself was immaculate.
He used the same stitch holes, the work is very neat and tidy and the thread used is from MASH Japan.
I can highly recommend his work, along with Donna.

If you want to get in touch with him, please contact me and Ill pass it on.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Yes, UK based.
You'll need to discuss costs with him, as it all depends what needs doing.
What I will say is that he is competitively price (comparing with Aero, Donna and others), but does an outstanding, neat, tidy and professional job.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Sounds good - I have a jacket that I wouldnt mind a professional taking a look at with a view to a slight alteration - would you mind sharing his contact details if possible please?

Mark

Practically Family
I've messaged you chaps with his details.
Anyone else, please pm me, I'd rather not post his personal contact details on a public forum.
Hi, could I also have his contact details. Have BK jacket I cannot wear without some alterations. Thanks.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Good to hang on to the originals, hard to find. They can always be repaired. I have a Star G-1, it's been a 'lucky' Jacket in my collection...still trying to find a good zipper for it. someone used a HEAVY gauge YKK and it kind of scuffed up the hide because it was sewn in too tight. Used to wear that Jacket from time to time but it's been shelved since I found a Split-S repro instead. Anyway, was also wondering what Knits you got, and where you got em? I got mine online awhile ago off Ebay, and was happy enough with them...put them in better than the other guy who had replaced the originals with some junk cuffs and waist from random Jackets, the waist wasn't even wool, it was this saggy cotton thing. These Jackets were floating around on the vintage market 20 years ago like crazy, now they're pretty hard to come by in the wild.

Brettafett

One Too Many
I bought the knits from Aero, they are good. The cuffs are great, the waistband slightly thicker than most of my other high end repros. Ill try get a pic up today or tomorrow...

The original knit was original to the jacket and has some moth holes. Yes, easily repeated but I wanted new knits.

Brettafett

One Too Many
IMG_20230314_113245913.jpg

Brettafett

One Too Many
The original knits, not bad really... With some left over Aero knit to compare.
Might list in the sale section.
Star G-1 D series Knit 1.jpg
Star G-1 D series Knit 2.jpg
Star G-1 D series Knit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ