Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate Leather Conditioner Comparison (on Reddit)

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully someone else can answer. I don’t have a lighter hide right now. It doesn’t darken black :p

@Al 916 Ive never used sapphir. Read good things though.
The Henry Ford method of color selection...;) I also have mostly black, with one exception. Online pics show that Blackrock darkens natural-colored hides one shade, to beautiful russet color. Handymike is onto something, as usual. Looks like very good stuff.

The Henry Ford method of color selection...;) I also have mostly black, with one exception. Online pics show that Blackrock darkens natural-colored hides one shade, to beautiful russet color. Handymike is onto something, as usual. Looks like very good stuff.

The best thing about is that it does soften the hides. It also brought some luster to my CXL (Aero). It feels a tad sticky when applied but don’t worry, it doesn’t last.

Al 916

One Too Many
Hopefully someone else can answer. I don’t have a lighter hide right now. It doesn’t darken black :p

@Al 916 Ive never used sapphir. Read good things though.

@Marc mndt mentioned Saphir. (single P, sorry my bad spelling)

It is (my observation so happy to be otherwise advised) a leather cream made in France.

Reading the ingredients
Beeswax and Almond Oil

I used it following Marc's description of his treatment of a vintage after Obs Heavy. As you say for Blackrock this also brings out a gentle luster and a subtle pleasant smell

What are the main ingredients of Blackrock?

Al 916

One Too Many

I would give it a go but cannot buy it in England (nearest is Spain with heavy shipping)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails