Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unappreciated masterpieces?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
(That's on my short list, Dr. Strange)

The United States of Leland

I've always said that was one of the best films no one ever saw.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
A little late, but ...

Not a Ferrari, a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL ;)

C-etait-un-rendez-vous-Lelouch-Mercedes-Paris-2-lecatalog.com.jpg

[video=youtube;oqEUhMAa1YM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqEUhMAa1YM[/video]

WOW! Wish I was there. Just wish they could have gone faster!

Originally, TV. Then waited till it came on TV again but it has not in the UK so far so bought a DVD :)

Thank you, I just checked and it is available as a disc (not streaming) on Netflix (which it hasn't always been), so I added it to my queue. I've wanted to see this movie for some time.

I love "Blade Runner"! Arthouse/Neo-Noir forever! :)

Sadly, here in Germany, this classic seems to be not that famous, the film is earned to be.

Frk.W

New in Town
- The Awful Truth, a lesser-known but amazing screwball comedy with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. One of my favourites.
- I'm No Angel, one of Mae West's first and best films, and her only pre-code along with She Done Him Wrong - again with Cary Grant. There's a courtroom scene at the end that is just amazing, plus Mae West sticking her head between the jaws of a lion in a bedazzled pantsuit.
- Girl with Hyacinths, a Swedish noir by Hasse Ekman that unravels the story behind a young woman's suicide. There are a lot of great Swedish Golden Era films, but this one really stands out as one of the very best.
- Baby Face. Barbara Stanwyck. Possibly my favourite pre-code, along with I'm No Angel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk