Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Under eye cream

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
I gave up smoking about 3 months ago - but I do think it has done some irreversible damage. I never go in the sun EVER! And drink loads of water too, so being a good girl :-D

My lines are crows feet when I smile.. maybe I won't smile anymore :rolleyes:

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
~landgirl~ said:
Ok, I have never used under eye cream before but beginning to notice wrinkles, more specifically crows feet when I smile. I guess the time has come to start thinking about stuff like this.. so I am just wondering what under cream you ladies use and can recommend. I have never even looked at prices before, but am assuming it can't be much more expensive then face cream?!
I'm using L'Occitane Immortelle Eyebalm:

http://usa.loccitane.com/product/product.asp?product=27BY015I6&variant=&=

I like their products because it's naturally based. I like Clarins as well, that being plant based.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
catsmeow said:
I like Clarins as well, that being plant based.

I have my *eye* on some CLARINS EXTRA FIRMING EYE CONTOUR CREAM - as I read an online review on it yesterday from a women who is 30 and who has been using it since she was 25 and has had some good results. It's not too badly priced either.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
~landgirl~ said:
My lines are crows feet when I smile.. maybe I won't smile anymore :rolleyes:

Just think of them as adding character :rolleyes: ;) I've got the crows feet as well (and what's the deal with calling them that?! we need to come up with a more flattering name for them!:p ) I too have noticed a difference of how my skin looks when I've been drinking enough water and getting enough sleep....it's definetely worth it!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Consumer Reports January 2007

I finally got this issue back:

Wrinkle Creams

Slightly more effective
1. Olay Regenerist (Enhancing Lotion, Perfecting Cream, and Daily Regenerating Serum)
2. Lancome Paris Renergie
3. RoC Retin-Ox+

Average Performance
4. Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night Cream with Active Copper
5. Avon Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment
6. L'Oreal Paris Dermo-Expertise Wrinkle De-Crease with Boswelox Advanced wrinkle corrector and dermo smoother
7. StriVectin-SD Intensive Concentrate for existing stretch marks

Slightly Less Effective
8. La Prairie Cellular
9. RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle

Rosebud

New in Town
I always use Liz Earle products, organic and a very good price. They are based on the Isle of Wight, England but ship worldwide. http://www.lizearle.com/index_2.php?&res=1280x1024

Lots of their products are featured in the Beauty Bible, especially recommended is the Cleanser, if you try one product try this!!!!!

They have 3 eye products, for the day with reflective particles to minimise crows feet and dark shadows, at night a smoothing line gel which is fab. I also buy their Eyebright Soothing lotion which I keep in the fridge and is excellent for sore eyes :)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting the Consumer Affairs reports! This is kind of related:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/04/f...e0eec76ea27673&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

I have used Clinique under eye cream and it burned my eyes even though I never got it in them. I also tried Burt's Bees and did not like it- it was too greasy to be absorbed. What I do like is Body Shop Vitamin E under eye cream- I've used it for over ten years, off and on. I also just bought L'Oreal under eye cream (forget the exact name) and so far like it- it is easily absorbed. Other times I use Eucerine under my eyes before bed and it does a great job with moisturizing.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
“Moisturizer is optional unless you are in the Arctic“
"It does not rely on exotic ingredients grown on far-flung islands hand-picked by natives only under a full moon."
It is silly statements like these that make me angry and not want to believe anything in the article. There are so many inaccuracies in all reporting I rarely believe anything. Moisturizer is not optional in my house and I don't live in the Arctic, unless my map is wrong. I saw a couple of the biker gals I used to know the other day. They are at least 10 years younger than I am but look 10 years older, and not just because of sun exposure, they used no kind of moisturizer either.
Some dermatologists have their own line of skin-care products. [huh] I say, from experience, slather it on, it can only help. We've all heard of the grandma or aunt who "had the softest skin" from using Pond's or Nivea, and I don't think she was an Eskimau.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
“Moisturizer is optional unless you are in the Arctic“
"It does not rely on exotic ingredients grown on far-flung islands hand-picked by natives only under a full moon."
It is silly statements like these that make me angry and not want to believe anything in the article. There are so many inaccuracies in all reporting I rarely believe anything. Moisturizer is not optional in my house and I don't live in the Arctic, unless my map is wrong. I saw a couple of the biker gals I used to know the other day. They are at least 10 years younger than I am but look 10 years older, and not just because of sun exposure, they used no kind of moisturizer either.
Some dermatologists have their own line of skin-care products. [huh] I say, from experience, slather it on, it can only help. We've all heard of the grandma or aunt who "had the softest skin" from using Pond's or Nivea, and I don't think she was an Eskimau.

I didn't agree with the first quote either, and the second was tongue-in-cheek about some of the moisturizers out there making crazy claims (and snake oil is nothing new.) I think the article offers some interesting views from dermatologists that are not mainstream. So, I offer is as another view, not ones that I necessarily agree with. I think there are some excellent points in it which is that marketing and packaging are sometimes the only things that separate a pricey cream from the drug store variety as you pointed out with the many ladies who have fabulaous skin using the old inexpensive stand-bys.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, how about the ad for removing undereye circles with the before and after pictures? In the first picture there is a stripe of black greasepaint. In the second picture it is gone. So, the undereye cream is a makeup remover? lol Makes me mad, how stupid they think we shoppers are. ;) I'll always read the articles and cull the advice I might need.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:
Yeah, how about the ad for removing undereye circles with the before and after pictures? In the first picture there is a stripe of black greasepaint. In the second picture it is gone. So, the undereye cream is a makeup remover? lol Makes me mad, how stupid they think we shoppers are. ;) I'll always read the articles and cull the advice I might need.

Greasepaint!! :eusa_doh: And here I thought it worked! lol

Seriously, it's sad. And very funny. But ya know, I figure there is a market segment of gullible and desperate people!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I used Olay Regenerist eye stuff for awhile, but didn't notice any difference. The bottle it comes in makes it hard to get out the product.

However, I've been using a sample of DHC Concentrated Eye Cream and noticed a difference the first time I used it. Same with their eye brightener (I've always had dark circles).

Did anyone else see Dr. Denese on PBS? She's 53 and looks 30. She said that in the cosmetics industry, there is a term called "angel dusting." That's where a company puts in just a little of a special ingredient so they can say their product contains it. But it doesn't contain enough to do any good.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
i noticed my eyes were getting too crinkly and the skin texture was changing around them. i used Avon Anew which was great, but last time i needed a refill i picked up Burt's Bees Radiance with Royal Jelly Under Eye Cream and it's also wonderful!

texasgirl said:
Consumer Reports just did a report on this in the January 2007 issue. Our copy is checked out, but if I remember right the Olay Regenerist was the best performing. I will post more info about this when I get the issue back. They tested a lot of real expensive ones too. StriVectin and others.

I haven't used the eye cream yet but I swear by Olay in general. :eusa_clap Wonderful products at a good price. Not the cheapest at the drugstore but better than department store prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy