Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Under eye cream

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Ok, I have never used under eye cream before but beginning to notice wrinkles, more specifically crows feet when I smile. I guess the time has come to start thinking about stuff like this.. so I am just wondering what under cream you ladies use and can recommend. I have never even looked at prices before, but am assuming it can't be much more expensive then face cream?!

Miss Sis

One Too Many

Elaina

One Too Many
I use Elizabeth Arden's eye junk. Ceramide eyes time complex capsules before bed every other night, then just moisturize in the morning with Good morning skin serum (under eyes and my cheeks and chin because the product is oily) before concealer, or Eye wish at night on off nights.

I spend ALOT of money on EA's stuff. I spend about $300 on all the products I use, but some of them last a year, I've got one product that is hitting it's 4th year of use, and some I have to buy every 8 months or so. So it's more, but I use less.

The moisturizer I use is $35, and the eye stuff is $45 for 60 capsules, eye wish is $43. I hate spending that much on stuff, but it really is awesome.

GOK

One Too Many
I swear by Origins.

Day Moisturiser;

http://www.origins.co.uk/templates/...tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT3669&PRODUCT_ID=PROD66042

£27.50 / 50ml

Eye Cream;

http://www.origins.co.uk/templates/...tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT3669&PRODUCT_ID=PROD66042

£23.50 / 15ml

Night Cream;

http://www.origins.co.uk/templates/...tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT3670&PRODUCT_ID=PROD66028

£25.00 / 50ml

Night eye cream;

http://www.origins.co.uk/templates/...tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT3670&PRODUCT_ID=PROD66030

£23.50 / 15ml

I find a pot of each will last around six months.

Of course, you probably have different skin to mine but there are lots of different ones to choose from.

Before I was peri-menopausal, I used Lush's Celestial, Oops Almond Kisses, Enchanted Eye Cream and Mirror Mirror Neck Cream. These are effective, animal-friendly and easy on the purse! :D

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I was using Olay's Regenerist Eye serum, now I am using Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream. I really like it,and it isn't too terribly pricey. The Olay is nice too, it has a gold tint so it brightens as well.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I use the night cream and eye cream that contains active copper since my dermatologist said that research was indicating that copper increases collagen production in your skin. I forget if it is by Neutrogena, but I think it starts with an N. It comes with a bright copper lid. I think I pay around 25. I like it and am thinking of switching my daily sunblock to the one from that line. (I am going to turn into a penny).

I keep thinking about trying creme de la mer. ^_^ I wonder if they give samples at the counter?

texasgirl

One Too Many
Consumer Reports just did a report on this in the January 2007 issue. Our copy is checked out, but if I remember right the Olay Regenerist was the best performing. I will post more info about this when I get the issue back. They tested a lot of real expensive ones too. StriVectin and others.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I use ROC undereye cream...it works pretty good, but hasn't exactly been my make-up product of choice yet. The closer I"m approaching 30, the more I'm realizing that the stuff needs to be put on at a nightly basis :eek: (this is the part of getting older that I'm just not liking!!!!!)

Amelie

A-List Customer
I am working in a public library and we do have Consumer Reports, so I'll look this afertnoon if we've receive the january issue and tell you some infos

(I'm not sure if we have received it, because since I'm living in Canada magazines take a little longer to be here)

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Thanks for all the recommendations! It's strange as I never noticed my lines before and have been focusing on them for the past 2 weeks. I am only 24 - but I guess now is the time to start using these creams.

I have just been watching 10 years Younger and there is a ROC advert on at the beginning of each part. I might go to Boots tomorrow.

And GOK - how come origins do one for night and day? Would I need to use one for both do you think? I really miss out not having a mum about!

GOK

One Too Many
~landgirl~ said:
And GOK - how come origins do one for night and day? Would I need to use one for both do you think? I really miss out not having a mum about!

What are you implying young lady, hmmmm? I'm not that old! lol

Night cream is richer and therefore delivers more nutrients to the skin whilst you sleep and it regenerates. At your age (young whippersnapper!), you could probably get away with using a day cream at night but of course you'll be using it up twice as quickly, so you may as well get the night cream too. You'll end up spending the same amount of money in the end!

I think Origins is doing free postage and trial packs with each order at the moment.

Ccc

New in Town
:) I use Pangea Organics for my facial care now. It is non-irritating, moisturizes really well and I don't break out from it.

Cheers!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I used to use Chanel's age delay eye like Bella. Now I am using samples of their Rectifiance Intense Eye, also samples of Darphin eye cream and Occitane in Provence eye cream.

They are all expensive.

The best one though was a discontinued Chanel eye cream that used to relieve the puffiness I had a few years ago. That's gone now, and I am starting to get wrinkles, so I might have to get one of the stronger ones I am sampling.

I am also looking into Garden of Wisdom's Viper Venom, which is made from snake venom (they aren't killed though). Evidently it works like botox, but without the facial paralysis.

I am older than many of you though, I started using an eye cream after I turned 30.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
GOK said:
What are you implying young lady, hmmmm? I'm not that old! lol

He he. Sorry, I just mean that I get all my beauty tips from this place or friends - my dad isn't really up to scratch on hair and makeup, I am suprised I didn't turn out as a tom boy sometimes! I feel like Daisy Duke! lol

Tourbillion

Practically Family
You might want to try drinking more water too. That and getting enough sleep are two big to do's if you want nice skin.

Staying out of the sun, wearing sunscreen and not smoking or drinking too much can work wonders on your skin too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy