Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

unwearable jacket, ideas please?

jeo

One Too Many
No it really isn't but you know what it is like when you know even the smallest thing is not right!

I totally understand. Some things get tainted too. If it’s still bugging you looking like this and you can’t enjoy the jacket, perhaps it would be best to just move on from it.

Adding a collar may help you get over it but you’ll have to spend more money and you won’t know for sure until you get it back.

Imo it looks pretty good btw.

I agree with a lot of the responses. A mouton collar would be cool and you can make it whatever shape you like. Here is one of my jackets:
C2B5E1FF-D591-42EF-B254-303C9125FD34.jpeg
But…
There will always be the feeling of “this jacket cost me a lot of $$ and I still think something’s not quite right enough for me to enjoy it”
In this case, I recommend selling it before you spend even more. “Tainted” was a good word.

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
I totally understand. Some things get tainted too. If it’s still bugging you looking like this and you can’t enjoy the jacket, perhaps it would be best to just move on from it.

Adding a collar may help you get over it but you’ll have to spend more money and you won’t know for sure until you get it back.

Imo it looks pretty good btw.
Wise words. I shall explore a mouton/shearling collar but I suspect I will ebay her. Thanks.

Reactions: jeo

Mark

Practically Family
I agree with a lot of the responses. A mouton collar would be cool and you can make it whatever shape you like. Here is one of my jackets:
View attachment 501574
But…
There will always be the feeling of “this jacket cost me a lot of $$ and I still think something’s not quite right enough for me to enjoy it”
In this case, I recommend selling it before you spend even more. “Tainted” was a good word.
Thanks for that. I intend exploring a mouton/shearling collar. I would need to be very sure it will look good before I spend money again on it. Failing that I will ebay her.
ps; your jacket looks amazing. Something like that and I would be very happy.

sshack

A-List Customer
This makes me sad, as I'm a fan of shawl collars. And this one, if it is the same, is beautiful. So then... the original shawl collar was altered into another shawl collar?

aeronaut-a1-03_03img_0069-1600x1600.jpg

Attachments

• aeronaut-a1-03_03img_0069-1600x1600.jpg
    aeronaut-a1-03_03img_0069-1600x1600.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112