Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Updated with pictures - 1931+ Dobbs Fedora

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
What a swell deal!

Hey, congratulations on a bargain! Either you proved us all wrong, or we managed to scare everybody off, thinking it was going to be expensive.;)

Glad you got it, Jeff.

Brad

JeffB

New in Town
jamespowers said:
Definitely the older liner but it looks more 40s than 30s. That would be fine by me though. ;) :p

Fine by me, too. This will be my first vintage hat so I'm sure I'll have some more questions once I receive it.

Razzman

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
See? :p
Thanks. You helped me date this baby more definitively:
Picture065.jpg

:D

I know this is :eek:fftopic: But I like the fly on the ribbon.Is that a custom hand tied fly? If so, does it have a name? Thanks

Razzman said:
I know this is :eek:fftopic: But I like the fly on the ribbon.Is that a custom hand tied fly? If so, does it have a name? Thanks
It came on the hat originally from the factory. I have been in contact with the nephew of the guy who used to tie the flies for Dobbs but never asked about the pattern. [huh] I guess that makes it custom hand tied fly but the pattern is mystery to me.
I don't have the guy's email either because we had a bit of a falling out over me buying what his uncle had left on eBay. He wanted more $$$$ than I was willing to pay. ;) :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner